Explain your USERNAME and AVATAR on this thread...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

Last edited:
Upvote 3

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops! I forgot to explain my avatar. It is a picture of me drinking my first beer following the flood that left 2.5 feet of water in our house. We moved back in after 99 days of renovations on 12/23.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend and I started a very successful Softball Organization in the state of Florida. It was and still is called Freedom Sports. I was the National "Umpire In Chief" or UIC for short. I created the rules and my partner was the financial backer. Unfortunately
as of the upcoming year we have moved on to ISA (Independent Softball Organization). My avatar is the actual Standing Liberty
quarter that my Grandfather used to carry around with him as his good luck charm. God rest his soul, my mother brought it to me
when she found out I was fascinated with coins.

p.s. The SLQ is in AU condition with the full date, do not quite know how that is as he carried it for many many years. I have since put the coin in my 7070 to safeguard it.

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Happy New Year to all my username comes from all the gold rings i have found with my eyes on the ground and my avatar is about me MD all the time . Happy hunting Ron AKA Gold eye

Agro

Dec 13, 2010
Cali
ag for silver

agro describes the state of my inner demeanor (i present a pleasant disposition)

the avatar is a black and white pic of a red wheatie found from a roll

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody for making this such a successful thread. I love how everybody has a story behind their username and forum picture.

I recanyly added the "add your avatar" option as well since that could be interesting as well.

I want to go ahead and explain my avatar. I will likely change it eventually, but..

My Avatar is a picture of my best 90% day with half dollars, it might not seem like much, but 11 of those 90% silvers from 3 boxes is great, considering they also contained 60 40% halves(my best boxes ever). Ant not to mention, of those 90% half dollars, only 1 was from 1964, there were 2 Walking Liberty and 8 Franklin halves ;D

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I didn't elaborate on my avatar as it isn't relevant to the nature of CRH'ing, but since others chimed, so will I. I was beach detecting in February near my house. It was beautiful day and I wasn't interested in finding treasure at the moment as I was distracted by a mother and calf right whale that were frolicking no more than 30 yards from the ankle deep surf. They were just outside the outermost sandbar amongst the surfers. It was a magical moment.

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
I would like to have an avatar but don't know how to make one. As I would go on road trips and would visit places over and over again many of the tellers I had gotten to know would call me "the 50 cent man" when I saw them. I guess after 8,000,000 halves that's kind of what I've become.

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
My boys and I just did the polar bear plunge in Daytona Beach. We saw porpoises! Very Cold! :hello2:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Explain your USERNAME on this thread...

fistfulladirt said:
I like butterflies!
I don't really like butterflies. Or do I?
Seriously, thinking about it, my handle does have some relevance to crhing, but it's really related to my dirtfishing hobby. I use that handle also on a dozen other boards I hang out on, another one is "amc rulz".

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screen Name:

I am interested in history and have a great respect for native American cultures. I identify as a Kentuckian, and I feel that too many of the place names in the Americas that are derived from native Americans have lost their identity, hence, I often think of my home range as Kan-tuck-kee.

A work of Banksy. I believe that it's called "Flower Chucker". I appreciate the replacement of the traditional Molotov cocktail, rock, etc. with a non-violent bouquet of flowers. It's sort-of that Beatles "Revolution" thing, (i.e. "...if you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out....in...."). If you listen closely to the song, you can hear John Lennon say "in" after a brief delay. Ghandi said that "an eye for an eye makes the world go blind", but the Bible says "A time to kill and a time to heal" (Ecclesiates 3:3). I'm generally against violence as a means to an end (although there's a time and a place for everything).

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting stories, love them, brings out true characters compared to just usernames! :sign13:

Coin_Surfer

Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My user name is based on what I do. I am pretty fast at going through certain coins, especially pennies. My avatar is a great shaped wheat penny I found.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My username is what I look like after 2 weeks of not shaving, also live very near ski country. My avatar is of 4 GW Inaugural buttons found back in 2006.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wanted to be the Seeker but that was taken so I became waseeker since I live in Washington

Avatar is of a Parthian coin I found dirt fishing. It dates to between 100-80 BC (my oldest find)

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
I've worked in cyber security and threat intelligence for fifteen years. My friends started calling me the Agent since I do work with the FBI on occasion for different cases. The X-Files was one of my favorite shows (yes, I have black helicopters following me :wink: ) hence the X.

My avatar is my other obsession besides coin hunting and my kids a 1956 Chevy 210

Agent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread