Explain your USERNAME and AVATAR on this thread...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

Last edited:
Upvote 3

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine is the first two letters of each member of my family.

The 'EL' at the end is for my adopted son. He was born in Panama to a Choco Indian family who couldn't take care of his asthma, cleft lip, missing rt. leg and left arm.
His name was Eliaquin. Tokameel was made up before we were able to get him to his new home with us in Wisconsin.
After we got him home, we changed his name from Eliaquin to Alex.
But tokameel stayed the same.
He went on to be a Paralympic swimmer and great son.
Tom

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stole the name and avatar. Its a fake name on a online forum and Im going to hell I guess.

Ok, Rawhide was my platoon in the Armys call to arms. My Avatar is my Nox800 in its case(1988 jeep yj). The case is rather expensive but has four wheels and takes me places to hunt. I have been so busy lately not much hunting getting done.

ohp733

Oct 22, 2014
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites DFX, TRX, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is OHP733. OHP is for Oklahoma highway patrol. 733 was my badge number. Avatar is a b&w image of our shoulder patch
733 out!

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well....

Since this thread popped up up, old or not, I've wanted an opportunity to actually explain that, mainly my username.

A#1 has been my username on many sites, and emails since the late 1900's. It's actually caused tension at times too, mostly because folks seem to take it as a reference to my own vanity, and me thinking i'm some form of awesome.

A No.1, is actually the moniker of a hobo named Leon Ray Livingston, but beyond that.....Lee Marvin played that hobo in one of my favorite childhood movies, The Emperor of the North. Trains, fights, fun movie, and to be honest a life inspiration for me. When my kids first saw the movie, they all said A No.1 reminded them of me and my ways......I was kinda proud.
00f48a95ca1ce263daf6ac6736271281.jpg

If you read my profile, You'll also see my "Personal Title" is El Supremo". Again, not Vanity. He was a cute lil fella in the Gregory Peck movie Captain Horatio Hornblower. Kinda a nut case ruler who thought of himself pretty highly. When I bought my house, my kids poked fun at me for the way I stood on the elevated deck and looked out over the yard like a king.....I said "you will call me EL Supremo!!! and it hung around. Being stepkids, there was that tension caused by "do we call him daddy?".....so I also told them to call me Big Poppa Ooooh-Mow-Mow.....like the Rivingtons song

The Avatar....well, I know what it is, it's the Eye of Providence, but it ain't no religious symbolism or some kind of Illuminati conspiracy crap. It's actually the emblem on the side of the gas tank of a Harley Sportster in the TV show Then Came Bronson. My dad liked the show when it was new, and I learned of it as an 80's kid. It's a pleasant, mellow show about a dude riding around on a motorcycle and interacting with folks, not like a "badass biker" kind of thing, more like a wandering cowboy I guess. The main character, Michael Parks also recorded a few albums of music I grew up listening to. Watching the show always made me want a bike, and eventually I got one. Bikers are heavily into their clown costumes and stickers, and patches and all that crap. Well I ain't, I ain't cool, I ain't tuff, and I wont wear Blue Oyster Bar black leather, but for some reason, I have that as a single helmet sticker.

51atejOQoyL.jpg

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
my Avatar i can't explain because of political reasons but you know where i stand. and my username i couldn't think of anything else:tongue3:

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My username is TxAg because I am a Texas Aggie. I don't have an avatar, but maybe I should come up with one.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was in army 1967 basic training, while going through the low crawl under barbed wire and live rounds going over my head, I kept my nose soooo low into the ground that when I came up my face was totally covered in dirt & mud that the guys nicknamed me DozerD

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My username is TxAg because I am a Texas Aggie. I don't have an avatar, but maybe I should come up with one.

My user name is also a play on the atomic symbol for silver, lol.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Username: I was trying to learn how to make biodiesel and hanging out on a forum dedicated to all things biofuel. I eventually wanted to ask questions and get advice so I had to register. Since I was using old french fry oil (Grease) and was a newbie but didn't like the connotation of newb, (start) I combined them and came up with Greastart. Avatar is my most unique and unexpected CRH find to date. It's a Philippine Half. I got it in Mexico. Was given to me in my change while making a purchase at a local mercado. One more cerveza and I might have missed it. Just barely heard the ring of silver!

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
*BUMP* We've had quite a few new people join the forum over the past few years. Tell us about yourself...

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So avatar is a pic of me right after I found my first Confederate CW bullet (Ringtail Sharps)

Username is tied to 3 of my loves....Grew up in Bay Area and am a DEVOTE Raiders Fan no matter where they hang their helmet. Next, Submarines, I spent 38 years in the Navy in Submarines or in support of the Submarine Force. And last but not least, Metal Detecting...I dig deep and often find nothing LOL

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Avatar is because it is Christmas....will leave it up until after Orthodox Christmas and then change to something else.
Name is because like a lot of men my age who were physically rough and tumble in their youth I now cope with painful joints - Creaky. Although some days I probably should be CrankyDigger. :smileinbox:

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...
Mine is very simple. I did 24 years in the United States Army (active and reserve) and retired as a Chief Warrant Officer 3. I'm proud of my service and like to show it.
HH All
Gary

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a second and my son John is a third 2+3=5 where both Johns so Johnny5. I also think there was a robot in a movie called Johnny5.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine isn't very creative. My picture is just myself, my user name is just my initials. John Van Alst the 5th. I lack the ability to be creative lol.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crashbandicoot is a favorite cartoon character of mine.In one of his adventures he used the phrase"I got your hand signal right here buddy"! Tickled my fancy,so I used Crash as my user name.No avatar because I still haven,t figured out how to post that yet.Yes,I watch cartoons,usually with my Grandson,I,m a kid at heart and I refuse to grow up and act my age,70.PFFFFFTT!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

I'll start off.

My username is a holdover from another forum that covers all things biodiesel.

I was just getting started on the journey of making biodiesel from used fryer oil. Not grease but that's how I thought of it. Since I was just getting started I thought of it as my Grease Start. So Greastart it was.

The avatar?

I was in Baja, MX on vacation and the gal at a little local store slyly pawned that old Philippine half dollar off on my in my change. When we got back to our little rented casita I emptied the change out of my pockets and heard that familiar silver sound and picked it up to look more closely. Quick google search and found it to be a US minted, wartime silver Philippine coin from WWII. Glad I didn't spend it that day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread