External battery pack question

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Just received my external battery pack and 6" coil for the legend. Attempted to remove the battery from the holder to charge, and the little rectangular "knob" at the end that you use to pull the battery out simply came off. Attempted to put back in and remove battery, and again it just came out. Any suggestions?

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take photos, email them to Nokta/Makro. So far they have been very responsive to the times I have emailed them. They may just send you a new battery and have you ship that one back in the same box. Good luck with it,

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That little cover doesn't pop off easily the first time. The seal on the inside is slathered with silicone paste.

OP
OP
C

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Unfortunately, it popped off quite easily. Not sure if there is a bit missing or what. That cover just goes on and off with ease and will not pull the battery out. Doesn't appear that anything is broken.

OP
OP
C

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Take photos, email them to Nokta/Makro. So far they have been very responsive to the times I have emailed them. They may just send you a new battery and have you ship that one back in the same box. Good luck with it,

Well, I did send a submission to USA Nokta Repair Center on Saturday, but have not yet received any response.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think that is a step in the right direction. Hope they get back to you soon. I'm sure with a machine this new Nokta knows everyone who bought one is tuned in to see how Nokta deals with this particular problem, and warranty issues in general.
That battery sure is a tight fit. Can you post a couple of the photos of the piece that came off. Maybe next to the battery. I'd like to compare to mine to see if there is a potential problem showing.

OP
OP
C

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Been a week now and no response from Nokta Makro. Don't know how much these show, but here are two pics of the battery.

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2619.jpg
    IMG_2619.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't make out all the details on the shaft of the loose part, but I'm pretty sure it's intact and missing the retaining ring marked "B" in this photo. Can't see if the locking ring marked "A" is stll on
DSCN4211.JPG
on there or not. NOT advising you to do so, but one might carefully remove the battery from the housing and see if said ring was loose inside there. Or both. Or missing due to some unfortunate assembly error.

OP
OP
C

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Well, I removed the battery form the pack, and it looks like locking ring (A) is there, but not retaining ring (B). Here's a pic. Just wish Nokta would contact me. If it's just a matter of retaining ring (B) not being there, they could just send me one and I could pop it on myself. Just looks like a "c" clip.

Attachments

• IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look like the C-clip is all that is missing. Wasn't down in the housing by any chance?

OP
OP
C

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Two big thumbs up for Nokta Makro and Andrew at We Dig Metal Detectors. I explained problem in an email and was hoping they would send me the retaining clip for my external battery pack. Well, checked the mailbox today and they sent me an entire brand new external battery pack. Nokta Makro definitely knows how to treat its customers.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great to hear. Glad they came through for you. So far I've emailed with 2 or 3 of their execs and they have been nothing but gracious and helpful. Hope my pic helped you out some.

OP
OP
C

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Picture was most helpful. I've got nothing but good things to say about Nokta Makro and Andrew. I'm really enjoying the Legend and know that the company stands behind its product.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good, good, and very good with the happy ending. When something is wrong through no fault of your own, it's frustrating, to have it taken care of like that, speaks well of the company, we are all sooo glad to hear it. When they put out a video about updates to all, and then answer questions, says alot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread