Extremely Rare Miller 6.4-K CT Copper

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are only about 20 known of this variety, and it's in pretty nice shape. Found w/ Ace 400.
image0 (16).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

Upvote 58

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
1LWiL15

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that extraordinary find.Seems like the ACE 400 is working for you very well,and welcome to Treasurenet. Must be a good feeling to have 1 of only 20 or so!
The ACE is a nice little machine. I use the Equinox now, I've got about 600 hrs on it. The ACE doesn't down average the target ID of a non-ferrous target when it gets to the fringe of detection depth like the AT Gold that I used to have. I have got nothing against the AT series, but I feel Minelabs are the best right now, unless Nokta or XP's new machine beats it.

OP
OP
1LWiL15

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow !! That is in GREAT shape !! Only about 20 of that variety is super GREAT !!!
Congrats on your beautiful find !!! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words Jose!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be a good feeling to have 1 of only 20 or so!
Firstly to the OP; Congrats on a very nice example of a rare coin, it came out in better than average condition for a dug copper.:hello2:

And my observation on the above comment would be, although there was only '20 known at the time of publication' there will be rough 10 more out there 'not known' (This factor of 10 is derived from talking to coin experts/book writers/Museums etc who are in the business of recording extremely rare coins - stating that they only ever record 10% of whats out there). So that takes it to an estimate of about 200 at the time of publication, then you need to add the rate of detectorist finding them per year since then. ie. the one just found maybe 1 of 5 found this year (& not registered/recorded to the grand total) & then you have closer to the actual figure (Known+Estimed Unknown).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread