Eyeball find today, a metal detector.

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was driving to work this morning and happened to look at the side of the road and someone threw away a metal detector. It's a cheapo made in China for Kellyco MP3 digital or something like that, but I put batteries in it and it works. If I ever get out to detect again I'll probably take it with me and give it to a kid that comes up and ask what I'm doing.

Upvote 23

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was driving to work this morning and happened to look at the side of the road and someone threw away a metal detector. It's a cheapo made in China for Kellyco MP3 digital or something like that, but I put batteries in it and it works. If I ever get out to detect again I'll probably take it with me and give it to a kid that comes up and ask what I'm doing.
Score!!! Pics? Congrats!!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif
You should get an award for the "easiest find" ever dingode. :) Let us know if young puppy asks you about MD'ng and gets your find...

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorena was found NOT GUILTY by Temporary Insanity

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Well iv never seen that, a throw away. Yrs ago in the 1990s i did see a, goldcat in a tree hung up and apparently shot with a shotgun, but not a working throwaway. 😀
Good luck. 👍

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice find! Now it makes you wonder did someone throw it away or did it maybe fall off there vehicle

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or try it out...you could say,"while using my Kelly MP3, I managed to find...." and then find something significant with it. :). It would be a kind of underdog of the metal detector world...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread