Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone in treasureland! Knees have been hurtin' so I just went eyeballing again at a dumpsite I noticed when I was picking up some annuals at the nursery for work. Seems it was a button and a badge day, got a cool hat badge from the Denver & Rio Grande railroad and a washing machine tag from Montgomery Wards as long as a couple bottles and a USQMC iron dipper and what I think is the remains of a copper hatband (the chain looking thing). Thanks for looking, god bless, and have a great weekend finding everything you ever dreamed of!

Attachments

• IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 105
  • cleaned up.JPG
    cleaned up.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
Upvote 34

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone in treasureland! Knees have been hurtin' so I just went eyeballing again at a dumpsite I noticed when I was picking up some annuals at the nursery for work. Seems it was a button and a badge day, got a cool hat badge from the Denver & Rio Grande railroad and a washing machine tag from Montgomery Wards as long as a couple bottles and a USQMC iron dipper and what I think is the remains of a copper hatband (the chain looking thing). Thanks for looking, god bless, and have a great weekend finding everything you ever dreamed of!
Cool Stuff!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds. I like the Montgomery Ward tag. Congratulations

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool finds, the 'Brakeman' tag cleaned up beautifully! :occasion14:

With a bit of research I found your 'Montgomery Ward' tag may also have been attached to an Ice Box. I discovered 'The Windsor' was a trademark name Montgomery Ward put their brand of Clothes Ringers, Sewing Machines, Ice Boxes and other items they sold in the early 20thc. :thumbsup:
Dave

Attachments

• 0eeebf1b9ede4a13aa88aec163ca3b18.jpg
    0eeebf1b9ede4a13aa88aec163ca3b18.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 17
  • a3e0bd60f0654d3aa0986f0fdc9758c5-crop.jpg
    a3e0bd60f0654d3aa0986f0fdc9758c5-crop.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 20
  • fe615a1138bd44048e58bdf5c0c86c72-crop.jpg
    fe615a1138bd44048e58bdf5c0c86c72-crop.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 18
  • antique-montgomery-ward-windsor-205_1_d62dfb0476cf3afb7038ddc9da69ac3e.jpg
    antique-montgomery-ward-windsor-205_1_d62dfb0476cf3afb7038ddc9da69ac3e.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 310262.jpg
    310262.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool finds, the 'Brakeman' tag cleaned up beautifully! :occasion14:

With a bit of research I found your 'Montgomery Ward' tag may also have been attached to an Ice Box. I discovered 'The Windsor' was a trademark name Montgomery Ward put their brand of Clothes Ringers, Sewing Machines, Ice Boxes and other items they sold in the early 20thc. :thumbsup:
Dave
Thats awesome, thinking was from a ringer because the guts of it were strewn about the desert floor, the homesteaders here in the grand valley of western colorado endured some blistering summers for sure so icebox definitely makes sense too. Thanks for the interest just love relics!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats awesome, thinking was from a ringer because the guts of it were strewn about the desert floor, the homesteaders here in the grand valley of western colorado endured some blistering summers for sure so icebox definitely makes sense too. Thanks for the interest just love relics!
Love researching this kind of stuff, this is how I learn what these things are when they pop up. We didn't have the Montgomery Ward Catalogues available here in Canada, we were mainly Sears and Roebuck people here. :laughing7:

Enjoy seeing those old tags you find too,
Dave

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You found all of that just eyeballing? That’s awesome! Lots of goodies in the pics. Congratulations!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice variety of finds, your eyeballs are working better than your knees. Hope you get pain free right quick

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You found all of that just eyeballing? That’s awesome! Lots of goodies in the pics. Congratulations!
nice variety of finds, your eyeballs are working better than your knees. Hope you get pain free right quick
Thanks ya'll seems that I find more stuff just be-bopping around then when I metal detect...guess that shows how good of a detectorist I am...lol

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you did real good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread