Upvote 0

docbars

Oct 15, 2007
SOUTHEAST OHIO
Detector(s) used
V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't vote for I haven't invested in the new F series. I'am a cz5 user,bought it new and it was my second Fisher detector and have been considering on purchasing a 70 or 75. I've read a lot of positives and as many negatives about these new Fishers. It really concerns me so, I will take and wait and see stance and things don't improve then I will look at another brand.
p.s. Everyone should personally try the detector he or she is interested in before buying, that would eliminate a lot of disappointments.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I have 2 F-75's which have replaced my EX2's as the main machine. Reason being that the super fast recovery of the F-75 allows me to pluck nice merc's and old coins that have been laying right next to trash for years and have been missed by hundreds of detectors. They also go just as deep as the Explorers. The reason I have 2 is because I travel and when I get to a good place I want to make sure that nothing will go wrong.. Last trip (2 weeks in July) I managed to get 11 merc's, a Rossie & a silver quarter and over 50 wheat pennies all from hunted out spots along with over $50.00 in clad. I also got 2 gold rings but they came from the water with an Excal
I have had the F-75's since they came out and so far everything is fine.
People get a problem machine and the first thing they want to do is bash the company. Every company has detectors that will malfunction from time to time but that does not mean that the whole line is junk
I just sent a Garrett LS back for repair that was just a month or 2 old. It was fixed and returned in short order and now working fine. An Excal 1000 is at Minelab now being repaired. Am I going to bash or give up on either company? I don't think so. I hunt them all hard and when they break I get them fixed :thumbsup:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Jim Hemmingway said:
Hi Erikk,

Thanks for a good, thoughtful post. Erikk you seem to be a successful user who understands his unit. A couple of questions for you, if you don't mind. You may have noticed BamaBills most recent post about hunting with a nearby MXT user and experiencing interference to the point that he could not effectively use his disc modes, and had to resort to the motion all-metal mode. There may yet be some other unknown factor that might have come into play that we don't know about yet. Have you had that experience to date? 2nd question Erikk, could you share with us your experience/viewpoint regarding your F-75's stability wrt either stable/erratic target ID's and sens/disc settings that you generally find provide you with good overall stable performance? This type of brief overview from an experienced user would benefit all of us. Thanks for anything further you feel you can add here.

Jim.
The only other people I have hunted with have been using a Minelab SE and another F-75. Neither one have caused any problems for me hunting at normal distances from one another.
I hunt generally in JE, Sens at 70-80, Disc @ 65. 3H and I notch in 28-31 which gives me HI & LO nickel's. I watch the display for #'s that would indicate IH when I am in an area that might have some otherwise I just listen and dig the Tone/numbers that are close. Generally you will not get classic #'s because the only good coins left are next to trash so the tone is pretty important too. It is a bit difficult to explain but I have many hundreds of hours on the F-75 which helps weed out the good from the bad. Another thing to remember is that it will UP or DOWN average . If you have a dime, nickel and quarter in the same hole you will get conflicting readings as it trys to figure out what to put on the display. The recovery is so fast that this will happen almost too quickly for you to notice. You have to LISTEN and if you get a high chirp dig it

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
The area that I am hunting in upstate NY has been holding the merc's and wheat pennies @ around 9+ inches where they are stopped by old lake gravel bed. In other areas up there some Barber quarter's and large cents have been recovered at 12+ and one at 13 that was measured as its image was indented in the clay. I have not found any shallow coins other than clad as the good easy coins have been picked off long ago. What I am doing is going after the deep, iffy signals that sometimes only will read one way but the F-75 has been the best detector that I have run across so far
Now I know that I am going to hear that you don't get coins at 12+ inches Bla , Bla Bla and to that I say believe what you want but I will keep digging the good old coins when I get in an area where they can be reached :thumbsup:

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd
Erikk kudos to ya, Sounds like your getting the most out of the F75..This has to be for some the Best Relic and Deep coin machine Built..
I have a question what have you figured out on these settings and the high Disc your using, I have read on other forums folks using settings similar..In your evaluation how does the high disc help with Depth vs low 0-6 disc..thanks for any info in advance.You bring up some intresting Facts as I also Hunt possible Deep virgin Ground for old pre civil Relics, and I want to go Deep as possible..
You Wrote.....I hunt generally in JE, Sens at 70-80, Disc @ 65. 3H and I notch in 28-31 which gives me HI & LO nickel's
thanks james..

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
Jim Hemmingway said:
Thankyou Erikk for a fine post with your thoughts on this matter. I'm sure that Badger wanted to get at the truth with this thread, and appreciates your candid remarks. I certainly do.

I've highlited one comment below"

"Now I know that I am going to hear that you don't get coins at 12+ inches Bla , Bla Bla and to that I say believe what you want but I will keep digging the good old coins when I get in an area where they can be reached."

No worries here. I would never criticize anyone who volunteers their views on any subject on an open forum. Right or wrong, we're all entitled to express our opinions in a civil manner; anyone can disagree, but we have to extend each other the benefit of the doubt, be generous with each other in how we make our responses. After all, we can all make mistakes on occasion, right? Nobody appreciates being "stomped" on under any circumstances. Otherwise contributors like you and me will soon be reluctant to post here. Then who will we have to discuss issues with?

Therefore, it's neither here nor there, but just as a matter of interest, I know your depths are well within this unit's capability in undisturbed ground. It's been a genuine pleasure speaking with you Erikk.

Jim.

And to you Jim HH :thumbsup:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
liquid1 said:
Erikk kudos to ya, Sounds like your getting the most out of the F75..This has to be for some the Best Relic and Deep coin machine Built..
I have a question what have you figured out on these settings and the high Disc your using, I have read on other forums folks using settings similar..In your evaluation how does the high disc help with Depth vs low 0-6 disc..thanks for any info in advance.You bring up some intresting Facts as I also Hunt possible Deep virgin Ground for old pre civil Relics, and I want to go Deep as possible..
You Wrote.....I hunt generally in JE, Sens at 70-80, Disc @ 65. 3H and I notch in 28-31 which gives me HI & LO nickel's
thanks james..
The reason I am using 65 is to eliminate as much trash as possible and squeeze as much gain out of the machine while keeping it stable. I live in FL and the silver here is pretty much out of reach (where I live) so I want to maximize my chances when I an in an area whee the coins are still reachable. . I am only hunting for coins and primarily silver not relics so that is why the 65 disc. IMHO there is not a coin much nicer than a merc and I love to dig them. Also they are more easily missed by others because their size and the chances of being masked.
I started MD in the early 60's and have dug many hundreds of silver coins but back then it was easy even though the detectors were pretty primitive. You just dug it all until eventually you could pretty much tell a good-bad target. Now it is not so much the quantity but the ability to find silver coins in areas that have been hunted by who knows how many detectors for almost 50 years is quite a chalange and a credit to a detector that can sniff them out

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I was very pleased to see how this POLL went.

There was no "fire war" and everyone seemed to be honest and straight forward.

Well done! :thumbsup:

The score as of now is 20 to 13.

20 = Excellent to Okay

13 = Poor to Disgusting

I'm still not sure what to make of all of it yet but this I'll say for sure--I'm holding off on buying a F75 anytime soon.

Thanks for the feedback! :thumbsup:

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
Pulled because I should not have said what I said.

Erikk yes wonderful information keep it up. I will track the F series with caution and I truly hope it get better.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim Hemmingway said:
Maybe so Badger, but I'd love to get your take on a loaner. With your long and vast experience, nobody but you could provide an overall sound perspective (that I'd pay strict attention to that is). :) Thanks for a great thread. :thumbsup:

Jim.

Thanks Jim and I really appreciate your comments.

Maybe Fisher will loan me a F75? haha...I won't hold my breath on that one ;D

One thing that really stumps me is my Civil War relic hunter friend just loves the F75. He's a promoter of Nautilus machines so it just doesn't figure that he'd kid me.

Maybe some F75's came out near perfect and others were defective? Again, I don't know ???

I'm sure everyone who posted was sincere so that's that I guess.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
its funny Jim, i got the feeling you were a little down on the f-75, because of the durability issues, now your a salemen :icon_scratch: , MB i seem to remember someone offering to let you try the t-2 last year, but graciously declined. ;D the t-2 seems to be a good buy at used prices for people to try and even the f-70's, see the t-2 going around $450 for people intrested in similar to f-75 performances without the big price tag, but more of a relic hunter than coin shooter, i have to admit i don't have the exp. with some of the higher end machines like some guys, like the cz's, sovereigns or tesoros, sooner or later will get a shot at them, but not at the expense of the t-2

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Thompy said:
MB i seem to remember someone offering to let you try the t-2 last year, but graciously declined. ;

i have to admit i don't have the exp. with some of the higher end machines like some guys, like the cz's, sovereigns or tesoros, sooner or later will get a shot at them, but not at the expense of the t-2

Somebody offered me a loan of a T2 and I passed it up?! Most be my blood sugar was low that day ???

All those machines you list above are no sweat but once you own a Sovereign GT you'll never be the same again. Ask Sandman, Jeff, and a bunch of others on this forum, they'll tell about the GT. It's not a detector, it's an experience (very good one).

For the money Tesoros are also very good. One great thing about Tesoro is you can buy used. They repair used units most of the time for free. I bought a used Bandito last year off ebay and it arrive with a broken ground balance control. All it cost me to get it repaired, tuned, and returned, was my postage to mail it in. Try to beat that!

And too Teosos are very deep. I think the Silver with the 12x10 concentric is their deepest machine. It's no good around hot rocks though.

With the GT you have Silver uMax 12x10 depth with the added feature of ignoring iron. When it comes to dealing with iron Minelab rules!

When it comes to great depth with the best meter the MXT rules.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
Michigan Badger said:
Thompy said:
MB i seem to remember someone offering to let you try the t-2 last year, but graciously declined. ;

i have to admit i don't have the exp. with some of the higher end machines like some guys, like the cz's, sovereigns or tesoros, sooner or later will get a shot at them, but not at the expense of the t-2

Somebody offered me a loan of a T2 and I passed it up?! Most be my blood sugar was low that day ???

All those machines you list above are no sweat but once you own a Sovereign GT you'll never be the same again. Ask Sandman, Jeff, and a bunch of others on this forum, they'll tell about the GT. It's not a detector, it's an experience (very good one).

For the money Tesoros are also very good. One great thing about Tesoro is you can buy used. They repair used units most of the time for free. I bought a used Bandito last year off ebay and it arrive with a broken ground balance control. All it cost me to get it repaired, tuned, and returned, was my postage to mail it in. Try to beat that!

And too Teosos are very deep. I think the Silver with the 12x10 concentric is their deepest machine. It's no good around hot rocks though.

With the GT you have Silver uMax 12x10 depth with the added feature of ignoring iron. When it comes to dealing with iron Minelab rules!

MB, not to rain on your parade but it is amazing that all this can be determined by a poll-I usually learn and use a detector befor I pass judgement on it :thumbsup:

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i offered the t-2 last year for a spin, definitely will try the sovereign, a guy i worked with had nothing but good to say about the sovereign, He wasn't to impressed with his new 2500

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd
Jim, keep up the good work, and truthful testing on any machine..I for one think your a class act with lots of expertise and experiance...
....The F75 is a relic KING..Just takes a little time to figure out the options.. Would I like it to be priced lower Heck Ya..Then I would own 2 F75...Im fairly new so I;m not All Bogged down in all the lifetime warranty issues and the great fisher service I read about..I hope the New fisher First texas service is worthy..Havn't needed it yet..I been thinking of getting the upgrade but since new have kept the supplied covers on and the unit looks like new..And I hunt in the Deep woods and love to hunt in misty rains :thumbsup:..james

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
liquid1 said:
Jim, keep up the good work, and truthful testing on any machine..I for one think your a class act with lots of expertise and experiance...Regardless of what la-beep states !!!
Free speech it is so speak on my canadian friend...I for one love the F75..La Beep you might to from what Ive been reading about all the finds Being Dug up in your state By this machine..the F75 is a relic KING..Just takes a little time to figure out the options.. Would I like it to be priced lower Heck Ya..Then I would own 2 F75...Im fairly new so I;m not All Bogged down in all the lifetime warranty issues and the great fisher service I read about..I hope the New fisher First texas service is worthy..Havn't needed it yet..I been thinking of getting the upgrade but since new have kept the supplied covers on and the unit looks like new..And I hunt in the Deep woods and love to hunt in misty rains..james

Not to get into another "Contest" with you I am biting my tongue. Jim and I have made our amends and we agree we want what best for "the detetorist". I am not getting into any more of it. If Jim wishes to say more I am okay with that too.

1. I like were the F75 is heading. I will follow it with great expectations.
2. I own a CZ5 and it has it place in my line up. I own 2 whites 1 fisher and 1 garrett.
3. F75 are making great finds as fishers all ways have, but so do other detectors, it is as much in who uses them as what they use. I bet I will hold my own using either the whites or the CZ5 with people hunting with the F75. Wanta bet. Not taking away from the F75 as there must be a movement ahead.
4. Only people both older and newer will place the kind of pressure on the Fisher management that is needed to bring up both the Quality and Service needed to go with a fine line of machines.
5 The "lifetime warranty" is a none issue if Fisher give fast, cheap, quality service. Very few complains about Whites or Garrett service.

Bottom line is I am looking forward to many more years for a great company and a great line of detectors, if they can get over their hump.

Any thing else you would like too say?

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Jim how's that for a Fisher commercial? La défaut du mien! La Beep

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Michigan Badger said:
Thompy said:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:..MB ..is right about the ..Sovereign..once you use one you always have to have one for they are a very good experience that you do not want to give up..........==Jim==the...Hawk-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread