cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they even make the F22 anymore? I'd rather use your Vanquish. An F44 would be a step down IMO. An Equinox not in the budget?

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between the F44 and the F22 using the same detecting mode and same coil, you would not see any difference. The F44 has more features and settings. Personally, I have owned the F44, Simplex and still own the Vanquish 440. I would much rather hunt with the Simplex or Vanquish 440 than the F44. Target ID accuracy, stability, depth and overall features are better than the F44. The Vanquish 440s simultaneous multi frequency operation makes it much better in higher mineralization and at saltwater beaches too.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone used both? Is the F44 actually much better than the F22? I've wanted one of these for a while, but can't decide which.

I have had both and they are mostly the same machine. They run the same khz. The only reason the F44 may go 1" deeper is because of larger coil. F44 has ground grab and back light. I'm in loose sandy soil and preset machines perform great where I'm at. I actually liked the F22 better. I put the 7x11 coil on it and it punched fairly deep.

OP
OP
D

Deadshort

Aug 20, 2020
Mo
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, Compadre, Vanquish 440, Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys. I just upgraded to the Vanquish and Simplex this season. Love them both. I want to spend another season or two with them before upgrading to the Equinox. They will remain my go to machines for now.

I realize the F22/44 is a backwards move, but I just want one for some reason. Looks like it might be a fun machine for cleaning clad in some trashy parks I frequent. I'm thinkin...for 200 bucks why not?

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Thanks Guys. I just upgraded to the Vanquish and Simplex this season. Love them both. I want to spend another season or two with them before upgrading to the Equinox. They will remain my go to machines for now.

I realize the F22/44 is a backwards move, but I just want one for some reason. Looks like it might be a fun machine for cleaning clad in some trashy parks I frequent. I'm thinkin...for 200 bucks why not?

I have an F70, used the heck out of it for over 7 years, still do, found a ton.
Bought a Nox a couple of years ago to deal with my rough soil, works great, found treasure and a few bucket listers plus silver and gold.
A few months ago I went backwards and picked up an F5 for $299.
Doesn't make sense but at that price I couldn't resist and the hope was being slightly different and a lower frequency it would handle my bad dirt as well if not better than those higher end tools.
Surprisingly it does.
I am finding a ton with it and it is a blast standing behind it so a great purchase for me.

This hobby is supposed to be about having fun, I am lucky to own these three plus two lower end Tesoros and every one fits that bill remarkably well.

Last edited:

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher Gold Bug Pro for Gold Jewelry, or Silver jewelry....Your experience ?

Hi All ! :icon_sunny:

N/T

ToddB64

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I miss my F22. I found a record 33 dimes in my first hunt with it...lol. One which was silver. I also like the tones. It also had the vco tone option which I never used but now that is what I hear on my F19.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detectors are a funny competition. Some say deeper and better, some say easier to ID. They all pretty much do the same thing, So it's which one you feel best with. I've found things with a Tesoro Silver that my better and deeper (advertised) detectors did. It's all in how you know and connect with your detector.

My 15 years of 2 cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread