F44 Weirdness !

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
North East Ohio, Painesville
Detector(s) used
F44, F5, Bounty Hunter Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK all here goes was out with my 9 year old it is now doing something weird . As I go on the hunt and I start the swing I find something get a hit I dig it find a can of some sort. I lay down my metal detector it beeps. I pick it up swing the spot it just beeped and nothing. I swingit, if I tap a patch if grass or tap a root even a twig it goes off beep beep beep I am confused. Is my coil broken or is that normal. Please help me !

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK all here goes was out with my 9 year old it is now doing something weird . As I go on the hunt and I start the swing I find something get a hit I dig it find a can of some sort. I lay down my metal detector it beeps. I pick it up swing the spot it just beeped and nothing. I swingit, if I tap a patch if grass or tap a root even a twig it goes off beep beep beep I am confused. Is my coil broken or is that normal. Please help me !

Were you using in the rain or damp grass by chance?

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an F44. That sounds odd. They're great machines.Call Fisher customer service (I deal with Alex, he's great) and he"ll walk you through it.

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your coil off and tap it then wiggle the cord, wiggle the cord up by the box also to see if it happens again.
Some times if the cord gets wrapped to tight it can loosen a wire from the connection.
If nothing happens like said above call fisher.

OP
OP
VooDoo710

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your coil off and tap it then wiggle the cord, wiggle the cord up by the box also to see if it happens again.
Some times if the cord gets wrapped to tight it can loosen a wire from the connection.
If nothing happens like said above call fisher.

Going to do what you said right now. Ty

OP
OP
VooDoo710

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update Sent it back to Fisher And they said The coil was defective From Factory . . . It was Leaking and was falsing on even the slightest Mineral it found . So waiting for my Detector to get back and then i will update you guys if that was really the problem

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread