F70 vs. F75?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
So I have used the Explorer for a while now and I am getting ansty about maybe trying out a different machine.

I wish someone would come up with a trade/borrow program where you could swap detectors every now and then until you find the one that is right for you.

I am looking very seriously at the F75 and the F70. Can anyone give me pros and cons of either or both?

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN
They're both very fast machines and the specs for lag coefficient is the same at 78 milliseconds and the "basic sensitivity" spec is the same at 6 x 109 root Hertz (detectivity). the F75 has the static all metal mode where the F70 is motion only. Also they both have fast-grab ground balancing but the F75 lets you manually adust the GB up or down from there and the F70 doesn't. The F75 has four processing modes: Default, Jewelry, Bottle Cap, and Plowed Field. The F70 just has two: Default and Slow. The F75 has a backlight, none on the F70. Basically the F75 just has more modes and features where the F70 is a simpler machine.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hsjrev said:
They're both very fast machines and the specs for lag coefficient is the same at 78 milliseconds and the "basic sensitivity" spec is the same at 6 x 109 root Hertz (detectivity). the F75 has the static all metal mode where the F70 is motion only. Also they both have fast-grab ground balancing but the F75 lets you manually adust the GB up or down from there and the F70 doesn't. The F75 has four processing modes: Default, Jewelry, Bottle Cap, and Plowed Field. The F70 just has two: Default and Slow. The F75 has a backlight, none on the F70. Basically the F75 just has more modes and features where the F70 is a simpler machine.

From what I read here the F-70 has all-metal mode. Says, All metals autotune mode. Maybe that's not what it means.
http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com/fisher-F-70.htm

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the F-75 is also a dual Freq unit like the CZ3D.

I'm thinking of getting the F-70 myself.

Ken

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just received my F70 tonight and I don't know what all the fuss is about build quality. The only thing I saw that made me scratch my head, was the battery compartment and the fact that it has foam inserts in the bottom, designed to take up space and snug up the batteries. And, there is no build diagram in the manual or even a parts list with sketches. Its like they assume you already know how to put together a metal detector. Fisher might want to put some thought into what they need for the new to detecting segment that might buy their machines.

Otherwise, everything locks smoothly and surely on the unit I received. I started playing with it in the backyard and its real promising. The small buckle I have buried as a test at 11" in my moderate/borderline bad ground is hard for my MXT to detect and would probably fool me under normal field conditions. With this machine if you switch over into the slow mode it picks it up and you're sure there is something there. So, if you're trying to locate a CW or Colonial site it would be fine to start in the de mode and once you start locating stuff, switch over to the SL (slow) mode and slow down your search. I'm really excited about using this machine in areas that have been deemed as hunted out.

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN
Kas said:
From what I read here the F-70 has all-metal mode. Says, All metals autotune mode. Maybe that's not what it means.
http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com/fisher-F-70.htm

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the F-75 is also a dual Freq unit like the CZ3D.

I'm thinking of getting the F-70 myself.

Ken

The F70's all-metal mode is a motion mode in that the coil must be in motion to pick up a signal. The F75 has this, but also has a STATIC all-metal mode and will pick up a signal with the coil held still, similar to holding down the pinpoint button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions