F8 jet engine (scrap)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many are there? They are only about 20' long and weigh about 5,000 lbs. each. If you figure it's really 40 ton, or 80,000 lbs., that would indicate 16 engines. The same engines are used on B-52's so maybe you have the engines of two B-52's or are they sure they came off Crusaders? I'll add a pic here.

Attachments

• J-57.jpg
    J-57.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,106

goldsilverpro

May 31, 2007
Turnmaster said:
I would have a hard time believing that the value of the brazing materials would be worth the time to extract. True story?

Jeff

Think again. I spent several years of my life specializing in PM recovery from certain jet engine scrap, on a large professional level - think semi loads. The jet engine parts, if any, that contain 82/18, Au/Ni (NiOro) braze can be some of the richest gold scrap on the planet. For example, some of the stators from Rolls-Royce engines contain as much as 4 oz of gold per stator and some of the JT3D stators run 1 oz of gold per stator. Two of us once processed about 50,000# of silver brazed stainless stators, etc., in a month, and the total silver yield was about 9,000 oz (about 1.25%).

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Good deal, GSPro!

As the fella above said, most would have a hard time believing there's so much money in scrap.
Most important is that you know what to be looking for...
and there's no substitute for that except for blind luck !

The way fuel prices are heading, there will soon be a whole new pile of scrap coming when
older fuel guzzling engines are sent to the boneyard.

Good luck !
rmptr

silversaddle1

Dec 11, 2008
goldsilverpro said:
Turnmaster said:
I would have a hard time believing that the value of the brazing materials would be worth the time to extract. True story?

Jeff

Think again. I spent several years of my life specializing in PM recovery from certain jet engine scrap, on a large professional level - think semi loads. The jet engine parts, if any, that contain 82/18, Au/Ni (NiOro) braze can be some of the richest gold scrap on the planet. For example, some of the stators from Rolls-Royce engines contain as much as 4 oz of gold per stator and some of the JT3D stators run 1 oz of gold per stator. Two of us once processed about 50,000# of silver brazed stainless stators, etc., in a month, and the total silver yield was about 9,000 oz (about 1.25%).

GSP, your here too???!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Rolando

Mar 28, 2012
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Detector(s) used
scanner
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Colleagues,

We 39 sets of exhaust assembly of F8 Jet Fighters that we won in a bid from the Philippine Air Force. We are selling it, can you please help us.
Thanks.

RokoAlloys

Mar 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scrap Jet Engines - JT3D - JT8D - JT9D - RB211 - CF6 - CFM56.

If you have any more of these scrap jet engines or or some other types of scrap jet engines like JT3D, JT8D, JT9D, PW2000, PW4000, F100, RB211, CF6, CFM56, or V2500, please contact Roko Alloys, we would love to purchase them.

Roko Alloys - Recycling Super Alloy Scrap Material & Scrap Jet Engines From The Aerospace Industry.

stryan

Jan 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently acquired a P&W jt3d. Seen your post about the brazing and 1 oz of gold per stator. I paid $4K for the engine and its intact from what I can tell and have paperwork from both NASA and the university that it was donated to for AE student testing but never found its place there. Anyways from your perspective, knowledge and history what would you consider as my options and what would each yield me as far as profit. I am an ME and am very handy with tools so not scared to tear into it but this is not my cup of tea. Figured I'd reach out to a pro! :-) I buy and sell unique items full-time so time is no matter but my time is money so a tear down better yield me quite a substantial profit to do so. I have part time works that help with thing but thinking they'll leave with heavy pockets. LOL!

Thanks for any feedback!

Steve from Ohio 330-268-0159 or [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread