Fake bullets from civil war

edteach

Feb 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was going to buy a couple of bullets from ebay that were dug CW bullets. But as much faking as goes on on ebay I was wondering if anyone was faking civil war bullets. I know and would not buy any of the rare expensive ones. If there is enough money in it they will fake it. But to fake a CW 99 cent bullet? The time and expense to fake one makes it improbable to me. Any advice? Thanks.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
The more common ones aren't often faked that I know of, but that's not to say there aren't some souvenir copies, etc. floating around out there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 11.32.25 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 11.32.25 AM.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 117
OP
OP
E

edteach

Feb 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more common ones aren't often faked that I know of, but that's not to say there aren't some souvenir copies, etc. floating around out there.

I have seen these, but they cost 8 bucks for 4 or 5 and to then take the time to oxidize and mud set them and then sell them for a buck on eBay seems not very cost effective.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen these, but they cost 8 bucks for 4 or 5 and to then take the time to oxidize and mud set them and then sell them for a buck on eBay seems not very cost effective.

...hence my statement, "The more common ones aren't often faked that I know of"

OP
OP
E

edteach

Feb 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...hence my statement, "The more common ones aren't often faked that I know of"

I would love to dig my own but finding a spot to dig is not that easy

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The people that make the fakes might be thinking in terms of quanity selling instead of quality selling.Think dollar stores.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions