Faked out by Micro-fork in early 1900s trash pit. Stoppers, half a tea cup, cool bridle rosset? Random war nickel in park.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honey I shrunk the fork. Was really excited when this mini fork popped out but it turned out to be plastic😖 everything in here is late 1800s early 1900s and then a random bit of plastic will pop out. Found two of the ceramic stoppers that look a little crudely glazed. Glass stopper popped out and the oil lamp parts. Bottle has a bruise but it's at least whole. This looks like it was burned on top of mound so bottle survival is low unless you go deep. Over all very shallow mound though. This was only whole bottle so far. Lot of this blue and white buffalo semi vitreous pottery with 1910 or 1911 mold dates. Only had about 2 hours to dig around. About 10 min before I had to leave I filled half my hole in and flipped over a big chunk of sidewalk thrown on top. Under that was what I'm assume is a bridle rosette with horse on it? Other object I think is a drawer pull escutcheon. Found one very similar in a creek less than a year ago. Guess I have to open up this mound up more when it dries out.

Attachments

• 20220401_140502.jpg
    20220401_140502.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
  • 20220331_134550.jpg
    20220331_134550.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 47
Upvote 6

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honey I shrunk the fork. Was really excited when this mini fork popped out but it turned out to be plastic😖 everything in here is late 1800s early 1900s and then a random bit of plastic will pop out. Found two of the ceramic stoppers that look a little crudely glazed. Glass stopper popped out and the oil lamp parts. Bottle has a bruise but it's at least whole. This looks like it was burned on top of mound so bottle survival is low unless you go deep. Over all very shallow mound though. This was only whole bottle so far. Lot of this blue and white buffalo semi vitreous pottery with 1910 or 1911 mold dates. Only had about 2 hours to dig around. About 10 min before I had to leave I filled half my hole in and flipped over a big chunk of sidewalk thrown on top. Under that was what I'm assume is a bridle rosette with horse on it? Other object I think is a drawer pull escutcheon. Found one very similar in a creek less than a year ago. Guess I have to open up this mound up more when it dries out.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread