falsing in salt water

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last year I could hunt the salt water at sensitivity 14. now is still falsing badly at 12. with 17" coil without cover. I have never submerged the 800. wondering if I have missed a setting in beach 2 .will sure be glad to get my excalibur2 back up running . any thoughts?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without seeing the detector I can say that the saline conditions for beaches change, even on the same beach. How does it respond with the stock coil?

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your recovery speed. Increasing that can sometimes help reduce the falsing.

OP
OP
sandsifter

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your recovery speed. Increasing that can sometimes help reduce the falsing.
thanks I'll check that when I get home tomorrow. can you advise of recovery speed for that condition?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try different ones to get it stable. It will change depending on salinity and wave action. Settings I use might be wrong for your beach. I like to keep it as low as I can for depth, but, it needs to be stable too. I've had to turn mine up to 7 at times.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the same for the excal, saline content change from beach to beach and even the same beach.

There is also a thing called the ocean turning "upside-down" that happens sometimes, this is when the surface water flows out to sea and the cooler water from lower levels rises to the top, deeper water has a higher saline condition, Upwelling causes warmer surface waters to move out to sea, which causes colder water to move in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandsifter

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking it is at 5
Try different ones to get it stable. It will change depending on salinity and wave action. Settings I use might be wrong for your beach. I like to keep it as low as I can for depth, but, it needs to be stable too. I've had to turn mine up to 7 at times.
I think it's at 5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions