Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yogi Bear Farts ?

if they had been found inside I'd say possible. the way I read it, they were found outside the mines ? odds of all of them dying outside, gas doesn't replace air it would Mix & effect everyone Different.
from noxious gases from abandoned mines near the trail in the air ? so would all wildlife.
if the entire family was that susceptible to fumes. they should have been wearing gas masks in their homes.

Mass Suicide, Murder, or poison mushrooms is more Likely.
Probably why they are still investigating.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yogi Bear Farts ?

if they had been found inside I'd say possible. the way I read it, they were found outside the mines ? odds of all of them dying outside, gas doesn't replace air it would Mix & effect everyone Different.
from noxious gases from abandoned mines near the trail in the air ? so would all wildlife.
if the entire family was that susceptible to fumes. they should have been wearing gas masks in their homes.

Mass Suicide, Murder, or poison mushrooms is more Likely.
Probably why they are still investigating.

No mines in the vicinity according to sheriff report.

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
perhaps the whole family was watching CNN ?.....or perhaps the whole family was Taxed to death - both common causes of death in California these days. What is also strange is that every death since 2020 is caused by covid. There have been NO KNOWN deaths attributed to anything else but covid for 18 months. Covid cured all other diseases and causes of deaths.

chub

Any proof that there have been "NO KNOWN deaths attributed to anything else but covid for 18 months"? TNET allows for COVID misinformation & politics??? A moderator even replied to the thread without any issue at all.... It seems like they allow it, as long as it's bashing the left... as others in the past, I've had enough - I'm leaving this site....it's been useless for years anyway..

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Any proof that there have been "NO KNOWN deaths attributed to anything else but covid for 18 months"? TNET allows for COVID misinformation & politics??? A moderator even replied to the thread without any issue at all.... It seems like they allow it, as long as it's bashing the left... as others in the past, I've had enough - I'm leaving this site....it's been useless for years anyway..
Good bye !

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
today they are saying,maybe a lighting strike, its crazy that they still dont know.
brad

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stay and fight the good fight against the propaganda. I try to earn my "Resident Debunker" status when ever called upon (or not called upon...lol).

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today they are saying,maybe a lighting strike, its crazy that they still dont know.
brad

Oh, that's a good one. I can definitely see that. I've seen some pictures where lightening hit near cows and there would be a field full of dead cows, yet you couldn't tell they were injured by anything!

That would explain the dog being dead too. I just can't see a dog succumbing to poisoning or water deprivation as fast as the humans, they can usually hold on a few extra days....

Lightening strike on cows:

lightening.jpg

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brad
That would do it and explain why they were found "on the trail". That part has baffled me.
That would still be a zillion to one shot. Have you even ever heard of someone being hit by lighting in California? Also for a nearby strike to kill a group...wouldn't they need to be standing in wet ground or metal? That trail has zero water... and there were no storms.. it would have to be a freak thunder cloud...

Maybe they got to the river. All drank and hydrated from the toxic algae water..Instantly felt ill and decided to hike out....

Something else that bothers me is. Did they have a water filter with them or not?!?!? Should be easy for the sheriff to disclose that fact. I don't know if filters stop "toxic" algae per say...but you can drink a muddy puddle of camel piss in the desert with them sooooo I'm guessing they would help with algae... I've used them for years without so much as a tummy ache

Plus taking a 1 year old into that area this time of year?...that's honesty Child abuse. There is zero shade and temps routinely in the triple digits..unless over prepared with equipment that's bad idea.. they seem to be experienced hikers and from the area.. they had to have know.... points to foul play

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if bad water most likely the child would have died first. then again a Baby that Small ?
Milk, or Breast Milk & Babyfood not the water. If they were Experts at Hiking, Not the Water for the Baby.

not knowing them personally, I'd guess one of the couple second, and the dog last.
dogs can eat crap, and rotten food and drink from mud holes and live

I say no way they all died the same day. something just doesn't fit.

I'd still look into suicide

Last edited:

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fatal lightning strike causes the heart to go into cardiac arrest.

It sounds like the most logical explanation, but the ME should have found that during the initial autopsy.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fatal lightning strike causes the heart to go into cardiac arrest.

It sounds like the most logical explanation, but the ME should have found that during the initial autopsy.

Yes, but have the released the autopsy reports yet to confirm what the cause of death was?

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Amigos

The suggestion of lightning strike is an interesting one.

It reminds me of a death my uncle told me about years ago. The was part of construction crew putting a roof over an industrial steel mill building in 50's. The day perfect still day with blue sky except for one tiny cloud lurking on the horizon about the size of half a football field. It was tiny cloud in the scheme of things the day was hot and humid. Most of crew climbed off the roof for a lunch break except one worker finishing off fasting a roofing sheet. That one tiny cloud loitering around all day finally was directly above. Then bang the guy finishing off fasting a roofing sheet was struck by lightning and killed. Naturally the rest of crew was stunned by the fact that tiny cloud was even capable of generating a charge? But even more amigos after the lightning strike the cloud dissolved in front of them. By the time authorities and safely officers and investigators arrived there was not a cloud in the dazzling blue sky.

It appears even a small cloud in given condition that can generate a charge to be lethal.

Perhaps indeed the family got hit by random lightning strike?

Crow

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
perhaps the whole family was watching CNN ?.....or perhaps the whole family was Taxed to death - both common causes of death in California these days. What is also strange is that every death since 2020 is caused by covid. There have been NO KNOWN deaths attributed to anything else but covid for 18 months. Covid cured all other diseases and causes of deaths.

chub

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are trying to be funny but I am surprised your comment wasn't moderated away.

As far as the cause of this tragedy, I think that the lightning strike theory is the best guess so far.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else find it creepy that we had random thunder and lightning last night?...

Last edited:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Stay and fight the good fight against the propaganda. I try to earn my "Resident Debunker" status when ever called upon (or not called upon...lol).

"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf." - Walter Lippman

Have a Good'un. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread