Family dies in Mariposa county due to possible mineshaft gasses

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/19/us/yosemite-family-death-trnd/index.html

Be careful out there guys. I've prospected in that area before and I swear I could smell something unpleasant in the water in the creeks there like gas. Authorities are still unsure what killed the family, no obvious signs of death/wounds and best theory so far is either mineshaft gasses from the old mines in the area or algae bloom in the creeks.

Upvote 4

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any proof that there have been "NO KNOWN deaths attributed to anything else but covid for 18 months"? TNET allows for COVID misinformation & politics??? A moderator even replied to the thread without any issue at all.... It seems like they allow it, as long as it's bashing the left... as others in the past, I've had enough - I'm leaving this site....it's been useless for years anyway..

Perhaps your school of hard rocks just wasnt hard enough :laughing7:

Chub

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wasn?t random. It was forecasted weather blowing up from Mexican coast.
What's your point? ... sorry bruh, but thunderstorms in my area are always a "random occurrence" I have 2 weather apps on my phone and regularly monitor doppler radar. It's not common here . So bye Felicia

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last edited:

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Brian Laundrie (if found alive) should be charged with Reckless Endangerment for either forcing or letting Gabby get out of his vehicle out there where they were. If he would have handled their differences better and she stayed in his car she would be alive today.

Last edited:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
boy has this thread gone south...... lightning is the only thing that can explain this incident. it is very likely the cause of this tragedy. Thunderstorms are very common all along the foothills of California and happen without notice or prediction. Ive had my share of close calls and it is a terrible feeling being caught in a lightning storm. please no likes, this is a terrible tragedy and theres nothing to like about it

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Sad but true!

I'm kinda leaning towards murder/suicide now as well.. he poisned everyone. I can't think of anything else that could have done it.

Maybe it was the new "quicky" variant of Covid" haha

i thought that too..but, why the dog?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i thought that too..but, why the dog?
You know... leave no witnesses...LOL - Actually I have heard of people taking the dog too but yea its just so odd. I cant wait for the toxicology report to come out.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The water must have receded.
Right?! These investigators are really good these days. SMH.. How do 3 people (2 experienced hikers..) and a dog all die of heat exhaustion in the same exact spot? Just makes no sense that they would all drop at the same exact time.

Brian Laundrie: FBI is useless AF these days... he was literally less then 5 miles from the house the whole time. found right next to the trail... give me a break.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heat Exhaustion / hyperthermia / dehydration:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t believe that for 1 second. 1 person maybe but not 3 people and a dog. How stupid do they think we are. I’d believe aliens before I believe that crap.
There are natural phenomena that cannot be explained by current human knowledge. Unlikely, but not impossible. I could also possibly see a dog faithfully guarding dead owners. Dogs can actually rarely be that dedicated and faithful.
However, the chance of one of them wandering off deliriously chasing a hallucination in fits of thirst is more likely. I’d be curious of exactly how far apart the bodies were found. Perhaps they were all found within 400 yards and it was reported by the news media erroneously. That’s more likely…right?

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happens all the time. I've hiked the grand canyon now 7 times. South Rim to Phantom ranch and back. Approximately 20 miles. And even with multiple hikers always on the trail and park rangers never more then an hour or two away, every year several die of heat exhaustion.

So if you think it's a conspiracy, you're looking for one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread