Family Heirloom.

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my grandparents for thanksgiving. My grandmother pulled out an old accordion that her father used to play. She GAVE it to me, to my surprise. She said she wanted to give it to somebody who could use it.

It looks like I got a family heirloom!

I plan on taking great care of it. I am not sure how old it is, though. However, it has terrific sound. Very good condition, too.

Here’s a picture of it. I’ll get a video demo of it on Sunday, which is the day after I get home.

ADE234F7-2B29-40F4-9AF1-E25D13DD3648.jpeg

Well, that’s something to pass on to my kids or grandkids when I get too old!

Do you know what? It’s amazing. The last person to play this was my great grandfather. It’s amazing.

Jared

Upvote 21

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my grandparents for thanksgiving. My grandmother pulled out an old accordion that her father used to play. She GAVE it to me, to my surprise. She said she wanted to give it to somebody who could use it.

It looks like I got a family heirloom!

I plan on taking great care of it. I am not sure how old it is, though. However, it has terrific sound. Very good condition, too.

Here’s a picture of it. I’ll get a video demo of it on Sunday, which is the day after I get home.

View attachment 1993226

Well, that’s something to pass on to my kids or grandkids when I get too old!

Do you know what? It’s amazing. The last person to play this was my great grandfather. It’s amazing.

Jared
Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So cool to touch family history!! Congrats !!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could have gotten my Grandfathers harmonica but it was lost in a fire along with his recurve bow made me so sad as I play harmonica and bowhunt.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you treasure it, do not store in a hot environment, like an attic. The reeds are most likely held in place by beeswax. When it gets too hot, the reeds loosen. Found my mom's accordion after being stored in the attic for years. Found out the hard way.
Bob

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you treasure it, do not store in a hot environment, like an attic. The reeds are most likely held in place by beeswax. When it gets too hot, the reeds loosen. Found my mom's accordion after being stored in the attic for years. Found out the hard way.
Bob

Thanks. I’ll take care when storing it then.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get good at playing it and maybe you can get a job playing table to table at an Italian restaurant

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks. Plenty of room for improvement for my first time playing an accordion.

Not to brag, but I have a very unusual gift. I can pick up almost any musical instrument and within a few days or a few hours, learn how to play it. Apparently my great grandfather, the same who played this accordion, had the same gift.

I can play 9 total instruments reasonably well, including this one.

Jared

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Plenty of room for improvement for my first time playing an accordion.

Not to brag, but I have a very unusual gift. I can pick up almost any musical instrument and within a few days or a few hours, learn how to play it. Apparently my great grandfather, the same who played this accordion, had the same gift.

I can play 9 total instruments reasonably well, including this one.

Jared
That,s great my friend,I on the other hand have no musical gift whatsoever.I found that out a long time ago when I had a desire to be a concert pianist.After about 6 months of lessons my teacher kindly told me my efforts could be more profitably used elsewhere. I admire that talent in any one else tho.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had a similar thing happen in our family. My grandfather played the accordion an purchased an Italo-American Gloria accordion back in the 30's. When he passed in 1970 it went to my uncle. Since it had the family name on it, and my uncle only had girls, he passed it to my brother who is a musician. He's had it about a month and is practicing. My niece took a turn too.
accordian1.jpg
accordian2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread