Fan's Roman Site Day 13 + Already cover Metal Working area...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our Big Grid on this field was starting to dry up & was so far from the Metal Working Site that we had to drive to get to the other end. I decided to go back to Fan's Roman Site end & try & finish off the high ground before the steep drop off, then after lunch go over the Metal Working Site where only Cru'dad gridded last year when I had a heeling knee. I wasn't expecting much from the first option but hope for 1 hammered, then we could get a few scrappies after lunch.

The 3 hour Morning session (which got close to finishing the high ground) produced mostly broken buckles &;
2 Medieval Strap-ends (both bent, one bent & broken but would have been the largest one I have seen) It would have looked like this one whole:

Half A Medieval Swivel
1 Scrappy (a long way from the main scatter)
Bits...

After lunch we did 2.5 hours on the Metal Working Site;
25 Scrappies (although Cru'dad got a 2 for 1 deal - fused together)
Roman Hob-Nail
Bit of a Roman Fibula

The Wheat is now showing & we may only get 1 last hunt on this field until we have to scratch our head for somewhere to go.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Upvote 11

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our Big Grid on this field was starting to dry up & was so far from the Metal Working Site that we had to drive to get to the other end. I decided to go back to Fan's Roman Site end & try & finish off the high ground before the steep drop off, then after lunch go over the Metal Working Site where only Cru'dad gridded last year when I had a heeling knee. I wasn't expecting much from the first option but hope for 1 hammered, then we could get a few scrappies after lunch.

The 3 hour Morning session (which got close to finishing the high ground) produced mostly broken buckles &;
2 Medieval Strap-ends (both bent, one bent & broken but would have been the largest one I have seen) It would have looked like this one whole:

Half A Medieval Swivel
Bits...

Roman Hob-Nail
Bit of a Roman Fibula

The Wheat is now showing & we may only get 1 last hunt on this field until we have to scratch our head for somewhere to go.

View attachment 2019308 View attachment 2019309 View attachment 2019310 View attachment 2019311 View attachment 2019312
The medieval strap piece is really cool...love to have that as a nicnac on my bookshelf....
Always interesting to see what you are pulling out of the ground Cru'. Please say hello for me to Cru"dad

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The medieval strap piece is really cool...love to have that as a nicnac on my bookshelf....
Always interesting to see what you are pulling out of the ground Cru'. Please say hello for me to Cru"dad
He will read this.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Half A Medieval Swivel
Bits...

Roman Hob-Nail
Bit of a Roman Fibula

View attachment 2019308 View attachment 2019309 View attachment 2019310 View attachment 2019311 View attachment 2019312
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread