🥇 BANNER Fantastic Bayonet found at our school!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is one where you can see the labeling on the side. image.jpg

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! You know, you have some kind of fund raiser or something, maybe there is a local metal detecting club that would like to help out and get some more detectors for the kids...heck, they may have some club members donate them! I'll bet there are some members here who have an old 1-2 laying around in the closet that are still good but haven't been used in a while!

The kids have a blast. We were able to buy 2 Garrett Ace 250's in the Fall. They have served us well, but now the class is so popular that we need to figure out a way to buy a few more to meet the demand.

OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! You know, you have some kind of fund raiser or something, maybe there is a local metal detecting club that would like to help out and get some more detectors for the kids...heck, they may have some club members donate them! I'll bet there are some members here who have an old 1-2 laying around in the closet that are still good but haven't been used in a while!

That's a great idea. We would certainly welcome any donations of equipment people would be willing to part with.
Kindle Farm is a non-profit out of district placement school for boys in Newfane, Vermont. We feature experiential, hands on lessons that help those who have different learning styles and needs. Our treasure hunting class has given us the opportunity to learn more about our heritage and the history of the property on which the school is located. Our main campus utilizes one of the oldest homes in town, a farmhouse that dates from the 1750's. Right now the class has two Garret Ace 250's and one ProPointer. Treasure Hunting has been so popular each quarter that is has expanded from being offered only once per week to four times per week. The kids have been interested in all kinds of treasure hunting, from detecting to coin roll hunting and even panning for gold during hot days (Newfane is where the largest gold nugget in VT history was found after all). Kindlefarm.org

S

stefen

Seen to many items turned to swiss cheese from electrolysis, but others will offer an opposite opinion.

This is a treasure that needs special care to preserve.

Cider vinegar (wine) works well, especially if you use the correct formula such as 2 cups for the bayonet and 1 cup for the preservationist the first time around. The second application is 50/50, third; 25/75, etc.

Last edited:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow i really like this post,what your doing is just wonderful.p.s. i have a whites coinmaster 6/db that works well,found a old rfd mail lock with it the other day i would like to give to them if you want it.pm me the address or post it in the thread so i can send it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow i really like this post,what your doing is just wonderful.p.s. i have a whites coinmaster 6/db that works well,found a old rfd mail lock with it the other day i would like to give to them if you want it.pm me the address or post it in the thread so i can send it

That's very generous of you, thank you! I'm sure the kids will be thrilled! PM on its way!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got it,im going to have to find a box then mail it out,will try to do before friday of this week,and thank you for finding a really cool way to work with our youth.

skeeterandbandit

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2013
prospect pa
Detector(s) used
minelab Excalibur 1000 whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a fella to contact is beau oumilette he has video on youtube one heck of a realic hunter. maybe he can help you with dating

skeeterandbandit

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2013
prospect pa
Detector(s) used
minelab Excalibur 1000 whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a fella to contact is beau oumilette he has video on youtube one heck of a realic hunter. maybe he can help you with dating

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me a Pm with address and i will have a ace 250 and a pinpionter sent to you..
That is awsome for the kids.
My wife is a teacher, and im telling her rigjt now about ur class..
Maybe if they had that when i was a kid i would not have a had such a tuff paper route..lol
George

OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me a Pm with address and i will have a ace 250 and a pinpionter sent to you..
That is awsome for the kids.
My wife is a teacher, and im telling her rigjt now about ur class..
Maybe if they had that when i was a kid i would not have a had such a tuff paper route..lol
George

Vino, thank you so much for the comments and your generosity. The boys love the class. In fact, so do many of the teachers and staff. Several have alternated borrowing the two detectors we have over the weekends so they can go detecting with their families. It's a lot of fun to see kids (and adults) get excited for rescuing and preserving history.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino, thank you so much for the comments and your generosity. The boys love the class. In fact, so do many of the teachers and staff. Several have alternated borrowing the two detectors we have over the weekends so they can go detecting with their families. It's a lot of fun to see kids (and adults) get excited for rescuing and preserving history.

Its my pleasure.
I just contacted Kieth from Fort Bedford Detectors. Im have a new Gofind Minelab detector sent in the morning and he is sending you a new pinpionter. .
Use it well and save lots of history!!!
Keep these kids interested.
George

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!!! Can't wait to see what else you all find there!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find and would love to hear more about your school as I have a young son that might enjoy that class.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One word to describe the find- incredible! You are holding an amazing piece of history right there! :)

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a incredible find:occasion14: A true piece of history:headbang: This is what the hobby is all about:metaldetector::smileinbox:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread