🥇 BANNER Fantastic Bayonet found at our school!

OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've decided to change this up a bit After talking with Vino we are both going to send you a Go-Find 40 and pinpointer.... so look for a pair of each in the box. One pair courtesy of Vino, the second from Fort Bedford Metal Detectors.

Just be sure to keep posting the finds the boys make with them for all of us to enjoy. Hope they find a few more as interesting as this bayonet! :)

OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've decided to change this up a bit After talking with Vino we are both going to send you a Go-Find 40 and pinpointer.... so look for a pair of each in the box. One pair courtesy of Vino, the second from Fort Bedford Metal Detectors.

Just be sure to keep posting the finds the boys make with them for all of us to enjoy. Hope they find a few more as interesting as this bayonet! :)

That is incredibly generous of both of you! We will post all of our finds and put up pictures of our display case once we build it. Thank you again!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am gonna go ahead and say the TN "word" many strive to hear here ...

BANNER.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This type of generosity makes me proud to be a member here - good show !!!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am gonna go ahead and say the TN "word" many strive to hear here ...

BANNER.

I agree. They got my vote. Not just for the find but the whole concept.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tickled that you're teaching those young'uns to enjoy the freedoms that we are supposed to be guaranteed, instead of trashing the Constitution in the classroom. This nation needs more teachers like you. Apparently, you never forgot how it was to be a kid, which is how it ought to be.

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kindle Farmers/Oxbowbarefoot,

I don't have any info to offer, but wanted to say what a great find that is, and even more so being as it was found by kids taking a TREASURE HUNTING class!!! What a fantastic course to offer your students! I'm sure all of us here remember how exciting it was as kids to think of finding buried treasure, but to be offered a class such as yours, and then for the kids to actually go out hunting and make finds like that, outstanding! I can only imagine the excitement your students must be experiencing finding artifacts from the revolutionary war, you're giving them memories they will carry, and cherish for the rest of their lives!!! Congratulations!!!

Last edited:

cologneman

Apr 6, 2015
Northeast Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and XP Deus. Garrett Carrot and MI-6.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic to say the least! Finding one is rare, finding it in one piece even harder. Looks to be early colonial ( French and Indian or revolutionary period, 1755-1775) I dug one recently but with socket on the reverse side. Check worldbayonets.com

OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. We find that the students enjoy learning more when they are engaged in hands on, experiential activities. Treasure hunting is just one of the great learning activities we utilize at Kindle Farm.

LuckOfTheIrish

Jan 28, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Further Bayonet Identification... This specific bayonet is a Colonial Era Dutch-Germanic Socket Bayonet circa 1740 -1760. These have been recovered at both French and Indian War and Revolutionary War sites. They are actually mislabeled as "Hessian" when they are in fact from Low Country Dutch or Liege Belgium. They are often labeled to be Hessian based upon the use of these by Hessian soldier who fought for the British during the Revolutionary War. This particular bayonet is associated with Dutch arms produced from 1740 to 1760. These earlier weapons saw continuous use throughout the Rev War. Refer to the link below for additional information...

https://www.collegehillarsenal.com/shop/product.php?productid=1446

The ID marks on the socket of the bayonet also indicate that this particular weapon was intended for use in company D and by man Number 826. This inscription would have matched a similar inscription on the musket.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the best threads I've seen on Tnet. You guys are doing something that literally could change the futures of some young people. Lots of kids just need to find that one thing that they're passionate about. One things that's powerful enough to keep them from a path of self destruction. I know myself and a few others have been moved by this particular post. I have a feeling this post could cause some generous people on here to take action. Keep up the great work guys.

OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the best threads I've seen on Tnet. You guys are doing something that literally could change the futures of some young people. Lots of kids just need to find that one thing that they're passionate about. One things that's powerful enough to keep them from a path of self destruction. I know myself and a few others have been moved by this particular post. I have a feeling this post could cause some generous people on here to take action. Keep up the great work guys.

Thanks, Ahab. We're honored to be able to share our finds on T-Net. If we are able to inspire others to teach through this type of learning, it would be even more of an honor.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is one where you can see the labeling on the side. View attachment 1169543

Fudged it a bit.

image (1).jpg

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is definitely a Banner Find! Putting my vote in right after I post this.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really happy to see so many responses and people donating items! Even new ones! Kudos to all of you! I too will donate my first detector that saw only light use. It is a Bounty Hunter 505 and in perfect working order!

Send me a PM with care of info and mailing address and it will be in the mail tomorrow! I love what you guys are doing there! Got a buddy in VT I keep meaning to see, I'm gonna have to send him the link to this thread!

Oh, and I agree with the others, Banner find in my book! Vote is in. Nice piece of history! Congrats!

That's a great idea. We would certainly welcome any donations of equipment people would be willing to part with.
Kindle Farm is a non-profit out of district placement school for boys in Newfane, Vermont. We feature experiential, hands on lessons that help those who have different learning styles and needs. Our treasure hunting class has given us the opportunity to learn more about our heritage and the history of the property on which the school is located. Our main campus utilizes one of the oldest homes in town, a farmhouse that dates from the 1750's. Right now the class has two Garret Ace 250's and one ProPointer. Treasure Hunting has been so popular each quarter that is has expanded from being offered only once per week to four times per week. The kids have been interested in all kinds of treasure hunting, from detecting to coin roll hunting and even panning for gold during hot days (Newfane is where the largest gold nugget in VT history was found after all). Kindlefarm.org

OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really happy to see so many responses and people donating items! Even new ones! Kudos to all of you! I too will donate my first detector that saw only light use. It is a Bounty Hunter 505 and in perfect working order!

Send me a PM with care of info and mailing address and it will be in the mail tomorrow! I love what you guys are doing there! Got a buddy in VT I keep meaning to see, I'm gonna have to send him the link to this thread!

Oh, and I agree with the others, Banner find in my book! Vote is in. Nice piece of history! Congrats!

DocBev, We are amazed and thankful for the generosity that you and others have shown us. Thank you so much for the kind words and the Bounty Hunter!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, I'm almost too excited to sleep. I've got treasure hunting class tomorrow :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread