🥇 BANNER Fantastic Bayonet found at our school!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is GREAT! I'm so glad you guys got them and happy to know that it's all about helping the kids! You guys are good teachers and parents for supporting your kids like this and my hat is off to you! Can't wait to see what they find now!

Look what came in the mail today! The boys are excited! The rest of the class will get their chance tomorrow :thumbsup:

View attachment 1172569

wavecrazed

Jul 21, 2009
Orlando FLorida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Excallibur 1000, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations to yall on the find. Looking forward to seeing more!

reddirtwillie

Jan 4, 2013
Mo
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Whites Eagle II SL - Wilson/lesche/garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh yes, sewing the seeds of future diggers. Well done teach, well done.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wanted to bring this wonderful find and story back to light where it belongs. Hope someone new is inspired by all the generosity included in posts and deeds contained in this thread. I hope the OP will update us with news of the kids.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, How about an update. What have the kids been finding. I like to see the junk to. Let us know

HH, Relic Nut

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Looking forward to it!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm.

What ever happened to these folks ?

OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm.

What ever happened to these folks ?

We're still here! As mentioned, it's school vacation week, so we will post our finds on Monday when we return. We learned an interesting story about our bayonet from the family that used to own the farm house where our school is based as well.

OP
OP
Kindle Farmers

Kindle Farmers

Sep 25, 2014
Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some updated finds! Thanks again for all the support from the T-Net community!

IMG_2801.JPG IMG_2802.JPG IMG_2803.JPG

Some of the finds include: 1700's shoe or knee buckle (broken), Ox knob (with horn still inside!), 4 musket balls, broken large crotal bell, skeleton key, some flat buttons, small horse shoe, brass latch and other bits, broken ox shoe, iron rings, toe plate, quartz arrowhead, cheap, swiss watch, pipe stems, 1942 wheat penny, 1892 Indian Head cent, 1838 Large Cent, cut Draped Bust Large cent, and a bent and holed KG copper. The ground it still frozen here in VT, but with the warm weather we are starting to thaw!

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great assortment of finds. Look forward to more posts. Thanks for sharing[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first post on T-net. Just wanted to say this thread inspired me to stop skulking around this site everyday and finally sign up! What a wonderful thing you are doing with these children. Getting kids really engaged and excited about our history is what this country needs more of. Keep up the phenomenal work.

I have to add: the kindness, generosity and support shown by all members of this site is astonishing and like nothing I have ever seen. I am proud to be a new member.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first post on T-net. Just wanted to say this thread inspired me to stop skulking around this site everyday and finally sign up! What a wonderful thing you are doing with these children. Getting kids really engaged and excited about our history is what this country needs more of. Keep up the phenomenal work.

I have to add: the kindness, generosity and support shown by all members of this site is astonishing and like nothing I have ever seen. I am proud to be a new member.
Well said. Welcome aboard

HH, Relic Nut

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

NH you say...won't be your last post I'll guarantee that!:laughing7:

Go Bills

Jul 7, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
If any other teachers out there are interested, I will be developing a curriculum to help guide this class going forward. It will be aligned with Common Core standards and VT State Standards across all subject areas (meaning it will cover content in science, social studies, math and ELA) at all grade levels. I'll be happy to share the curriculum and any lesson plans developed along with it.

You should make a posting on a site called "Teachers Pay Teachers". You can charge what you like, perhaps only a few dollars, perhaps nothing. Being a former teacher myself, many many more teaching eyes will see it there. It is your intellectual property and its righteous of you to share it to help your peers

Do you have a final picture of the bayonet after stabilization / preservation / cleaning (cringe I don't know it's proper to clean it)? Perhaps I missed it skimming through?

Last edited:

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
You should make a posting on a site called "Teachers Pay Teachers". You can charge what you like, perhaps only a few dollars, perhaps nothing. Being a former teacher myself, many many more teaching eyes will see it there. It is your intellectual property and its righteous of you to share it to help your peers

Do you have a final picture of the bayonet after stabilization / preservation / cleaning (cringe I don't know it's proper to clean it)? Perhaps I missed it skimming through?

Thanks for the tip. I've use TPT for other lessons and units I've created in the past. I'm still working on developing the curriculum for it, last summer was a little too busy to sit down and map it out.

Additionally, we recently received a lot of new information on our Bayonet that we will be posting soon (I want the students to help write it up, as this was a school find and not a personal one). Check back in a few days for the updates!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread