Farm finds and ID questions.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here are some other finds in the area of my recent half real find. It was neat finding the bridle pieces. I am unsure of some of the IDs.

-Heel plate? Would this be a heel plate for a woman’s heel of her shoe?
-Buckle. Would this be a shoe buckle or a knee buckle….?…and how does one tell the difference?
-larger copper with 2 holes in it..-Any ideas?

Thanks for looking! Happy hunting,
12220680-3D8D-4D27-9E6C-F043AC9B02B8.jpeg

Upvote 11

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the nice selection of finds. I am thinking that shoe buckle might actually be a pants waist adjuster or something like that. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will weigh in.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some other finds in the area of my recent half real find. It was neat finding the bridle pieces. I am unsure of some of the IDs.

-Buckle. Would this be a shoe buckle or a knee buckle….?…and how does one tell the difference?

View attachment 1987243
such cool finds and "wonder"-ful saves, wtg. bet that has been a fun site for you

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds UW. The Copper disc with the 2 holes in it, may have been a "whizzer toy", although the holes seem a little close for that. They use to put a piece of thin string into the holes, hold each end, spin the string tight in front of you, and then pull each end at the same time. As the string unwinds, the disc will make a whizzing sound. Maybe you can google it to see what I'm talking about. It's kind of hard to explain.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds! I was thinking the same things as Trezurehunter on the copper piece....there is a toy that looks like that.

This one is made of wood, but works on the same principle.

View attachment 1987277
That is a fun idea! Thanks for the thought. The piece I found isn’t quite circular but it might work for that. I am tempted to straighten and try it but I am afraid it will snap.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1987243
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love your layout of finds, and even labeled?
Maybe you could do mine for me
Do you have a label for pull tab?

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOL Thank you. I actually do have a collection of pull tabs….quite a variety but no labels LOL. I had a friend detect with me learning the hobby and also am friends with the property owner so wanted to share the research. Now…organizing the finds for dosplay is a different challenge for me 😉.
I love your layout of finds, and even labeled?
Maybe you could do mine for me
Do you have a label for pull tab?

Kype

Mar 4, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tejon/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds. i have also found what appears to be what you have found. that iron piece square with a hole in the center. im stumped as to what its from.
KIMG0285.JPG

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice finds. i have also found what appears to be what you have found. that iron piece square with a hole in the center. im stumped as to what its from.
View attachment 1987363
Hi Kype,
The square that I found is just a nut from a bolt and looks thicker than your piece. I wonder if yours is more of a square washer type piece?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread