Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We hit the farm for a couple hours after work today. Bob wanted us to try a different setting on the Noxs's. I got the little picture hanger right off and then a flat button. Lots of curious stuff. I think one is a valve stem cover but I couldn't find one with the little wings. I also got a cannonball? It weighs 2 lb. 6 oz and diameter is 2.6 inches. Bob found the little silvery clip with the pat. Date of Aug. 14, 1900. No clue what it could be?? He also got the little buckle piece with little clovers on it. I'm liking the new settings! Fun little hunt. Going back tomorrow! Have a great weekend!

Attachments

• 20230310_193056.jpg
    20230310_193056.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
Upvote 22
OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would call that a cannonball, congrats
Agreed... looks good to me.
Thank you! I was sure everyone would tell me it isn't and I wouldn't have been surprised! Because why would it be here? I wish I could see back in time to what all went on there in the past. Lot of interesting finds!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We hit the farm for a couple hours after work today. Bob wanted us to try a different setting on the Noxs's. I got the little picture hanger right off and then a flat button. Lots of curious stuff. I think one is a valve stem cover but I couldn't find one with the little wings. I also got a cannonball? It weighs 2 lb. 6 oz and diameter is 2.6 inches. Bob found the little silvery clip with the pat. Date of Aug. 14, 1900. No clue what it could be?? He also got the little buckle piece with little clovers on it. I'm liking the new settings! Fun little hunt. Going back tomorrow! Have a great weekend!
Here is the cart which shows the sizes and weight of cannonballs.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thatโ€™s a good day for sure. Iโ€™m hoping thatโ€™s a cannonball. Please keep us posted. Congratulations

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a cannonball! Congrats

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a couple of Model T Ford parts too with the valve stem cap and coil contact.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug a valve stem cover like that one.....says Michelin on it with a 1906 patent date. Check yours closely and see if it's a match.

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug a valve stem cover like that one.....says Michelin on it with a 1906 patent date. Check yours closely and see if it's a match.
Thank you! Ours isn't marked so it is good to know what it is!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my vote counts i vote Cannon Ball also

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread