Fat Arses Report here! Anybody want to do a biggest loser competition?

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks. I figure I would gauge the fine crowd here. I hate new years resolutions more than anyone but my goal is to get in shape this year. I am a Fatty and imagine maybe a few on here might want to do something about it too. I know it can be easier when you have someone to do it with.

So how about it? Anybody want to join in for a weekly Monday weigh in?

If so post up in here and we can start this Monday. I personally want to go till May and see where I end up. I am going to be doing lots of Walking, Detecting, Eating less and better.:tongue3: I can make a spreadsheet and keep it updated every Monday.

Weekly weigh ins
Honor system
Ends May 1st so 5 months
Support each other.. :D
Hopefully folks take a few pics

Attachments

• 20170625_192949.jpg
    20170625_192949.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jack,
I acknowledge your intent; you go for it !!
I want to lose 12.8% of my weight in 2018; what is your goal?
I'm not interested in any wager, I have enough challenges in my life as it is.
Don....

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well wager or no wager feel free to join in with a weight everyweek. But the Challenge of the weight loss is way more than a couple bucks for me ;)

I haven't put it into % but I want to drop 85lbs.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Put that 85 pounds into a percentage of your weight today and I'll have a friendly contest with you (in percentages) though it will take me the entire year to achieve my goal; IF I stay with the program.
Don.l

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got moral support jackalope.:thumbsup: Don't forget hunting for stone artifacts. Sometimes I'll pull off the road and get myself so focused in doing that and before I know it I'm miles from where I parked the truck. Then I gotta walk all the way back.

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When trying to lose weight, water is your best friend.....Joe McDonough

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife lost a lot of weight in 2017, and I'll be darned if I didn't find most of it. :icon_scratch:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I might be interested! No wager but I may want to participate.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too would like/need to drop a few pounds. Lots of water as stated earlier and I gifted myself a Nutri Ninja smoothy machine to make morning fruit drinks and lunch veggie drinks instead of the crap that I usually eat. Also, trying to drop bread and pasta. I am not a competition type but may join in.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, where was this 2 years ago when I weighed 260? Oh well, I've been off my diet for a couple months and barely exercised this month so I will be starting up again Jan 1. Scared to step on the scale! Lets do this.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I need to loose weight, but probably won't. Bad heart makes exercise pert near impossible. I've already cut way back on the food, but don't seem to loose weight without the exercise.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well do what you can!! Darn ticker issues stink.

I dug out my step counter today. And I think I need to plan out my final meal for the weekend..lol

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well do what you can!! Darn ticker issues stink.

I dug out my step counter today. And I think I need to plan out my final meal for the weekend..lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After my second divorce I lost it mentally, became "passively suicidal," and blew up to 432-lbs. After I got my mental stuff back together, I managed to lose 182-lbs, in two years. I started walking, on the high school track at first (I actually had to build up my stamina to complete four-laps/ 1-mile!), and then I put a couple of hills into my routine. At my peak, I was walking four-times a week, 3-4 miles per walk. All was going well until I had a heart attack, and had three-stents placed in my coronary arteries. I got paranoid and stopped walking. I went from 250, to 275-lbs almost overnight!

Long story a little shorter, two heart attacks later I now have 12-stents, and I'm at 279-lbs. I'm in! My goal is 250-lbs. Let's Do This!:headbang:

Attachments

• beforeNafter.jpg
    beforeNafter.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG-20130727-00756.jpg
    IMG-20130727-00756.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Family Visit 001.jpg
    Family Visit 001.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 252
  • FormalHeadshot.jpg
    FormalHeadshot.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 94
  • mat_jpg_w180h139.jpg
    mat_jpg_w180h139.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 243

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m in!
In 2005 I lost 40 pounds so I could return to surfing and used Power 90 daily. One thing that helped me was to jump start my metabolism by eating a banana within one hour of waking up so any movement burned calories from fat and not muscle. I got down to 160 lbs.
Fast forward to now and I have gained all of that back and with the onset of arthritis I can’t exercise like I once did, so it’s walking for me and adjusting my calories to get fit.
I have to do this because my daughter is getting married and I don’t want to roll down the isle. Lol!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Anybody that needs it can come on over and I'll put you on the hard arse weight loss system I developed.First step is 1...No food allowed while youre here.Step 2....Youre going to work.Now Im not talking about your candy arse 8 hour day,youre going to work until I tell you to stop.No breaks here and,whats a lunch hour.Forget it.Step 3....Youre going for a walk.Not just any walk mind you.Youll be taking the route Rogers Ranger took on their hike to St.Francis.But youll carry something they didnt,an 80 pound skin divers weight belt.Youll actually get to eat on this trip,lettuce and ritz crackers,I know that got your attention,nice crisp lettuce and golden ritz crackers hmmm.Step 4....Youre going on a jog.But theres a catch.I,ll drive and you jog behind me but,my tow strap is going to be tied around your waist.Now I know what your thinking but its there for an incentive.I just hope you can yell louder than im playing my stereo,dont fall down.Ok whose going to sign up any takers,I guarantee youll lose 50 pounds a week.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Looks like we have some motivated people here!! Looking forward to doing this.

I myself have never had any issues with losing weight if needed but it really got bad for me in 2007 when I blew my knee out in a motocross race. Before the knee I was so physically active with the Motocross practice, races and so on it didn't matter what I ate I always stayed in fairly good shape. Burning lots of calories a week

Now that I haven't done anything in years I am 6'2" and 333 a couple mornings ago. Even being as fat as I am I still have good blood pressure and blood sugar but my cholesterol is very high.

I know if I don't change my ways though the others will go the wrong way so it is time to start doing things right!! Thanks for Joining in folks. I wish you all well in this..

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About 6 years ago I was at 6'2" and 295. Lost 90 LBS in 6 months with a mostly plant based diet and walking daily (sometimes twice) up hills and also quit drinking beer. I like a brisk walk up hills since it gets your heart rate up but it's still easy on the joints. I usually gain a few pounds come winter but it sheds quickly come spring. Would have been great to get in on this back then. I was a determined SOB !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread