Rebelrouser86

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father and I are helping each other out. Im 27 he is 58 and the doc says he needs more time outdoors! I own 10 acres in indiana with and old creek running threw it that is dry and all sand. We are going to hit his old handouts, camping site along the river, and places he loved being. I am a new father and my father is my best friend. I have wanted to md since i was kid. Now that i can afford a nice one , we both are going to be hunting coins and old memories rather than deer and rabbit on weekend mornings, at least when its warm!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imagesCRNAXNEA.jpg

jlfales

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2013
Sanford Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good to here some sons still care about there dad. My son got me into m.d. little over a year ago. he lives in Cal. I live in Mich. when I was out there last year I bought my first m.d. we had a lot of and good time's. It's it was good to spend with my son and grandson looking and finding all kinds of stuff. keep up the good work.

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your special relation with your father. I wish my father was still here. By the way, metal detecting is still fun in the cold. Just gotta dress warm like you would when rabbit or deer hunting.

OP
OP
R

Rebelrouser86

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still new to all this forum info and how to use it but thank you all...i will always have that bond with my father many many miles on motorcycles, dirt bikes, and many more to come on the old boots! I may be a little rough at first but i will catch on! Thanks all

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
howdy from a fellow hoosier

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I glad to hear you and your father are pursuing detecting together, don't be a stranger too the forum, I'm looking forward to your report on the first finds ya'll have together, and be sure to post all you find we like to see trash as well as the treasure, sounds strange doesn't it, but when trash is removed we made the area visited better than it was and any treasure is a bonus!!

That being said I seem to make every place I detect better, and better these days and the treasure is few and far between, but I still enjoy the mystery and anticipation everytime I start to dig a signal, you never know what it will be!!:dontknow::laughing7:

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. New here myself and same boat. 26. Fathers 58. Getting back into md with him. We fiddled with it when I was a little fella. Not much for us to do on my off days when hunting season isn't in. He had some minor heart problems end of last year so getting his old butt out and active much as I can and cherish what time we both have together as much as possible.

OP
OP
R

Rebelrouser86

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am located just south of martinsville in morgan county

OP
OP
R

Rebelrouser86

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last saturday was our first hunt. We hunted my dads house just to learn a bit about the equip. And man was i busted, when i was 19-20 mom and dad left and i had a small party. Needless to say in his back yard we found a lot of beer bottle caps😁. We did find a 1986 normal quarter which was cool thats the year i was born. A 1980 dime and a 1996 penny. Nothing to boring but it was fun explaining the beer bottle caps!! Also we found an old sprint car that was still all together and the tires were pushed to the inside of the rims. It was a toy car of mine when we first move in and i was 8 years old! Also going an old electrical box that looked like an old jewelry chest. I was excited when we first dug it up, then i realized what it was! We had a blast!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!! :)

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Laconia, Indiana here ✋

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eight year old thread

delcov

Greenie
Jun 3, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
Lone Star by Bounty Hunter, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indianapolis, here. My wife's family is from Bedford area, and my family are all mostly western Indiana (Terre Haute, Rockville, Clinton) area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread