Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had to return a powerwasher to Front Royal, Virginia which is two hours away from where I live so of course I had to bring the detector along. Completed errand then passed by a nice little country park tot lot and popped a fatty indian at one inch, after research turns out a Turkey farm was here for over two hundred years before the park was built so thinking they skimmed the top four inches or so off then woodchipped it. Wow goes to show you just never do know whats in the ground...was just wanting to find some quarters to get a coke from the vending machie and ended up with a carved on 1860 fatty indian (my second fatty ever).

Knees started hurting (winter plus being fifty) so I decided to walk a creek in the woods and found two Victory Soda Works bottles (differing eras both broken sadly) a kind of obscure mineral water company out of Vienna,VA. Also got a nice large Milk of Magnesia which is a common bottle but I can get ten bucks for the big ones at the swap meet. Thank you for looking as always, end of season coming so just hammering in the hunts as much as possible until then. This was yesterday but I passed out in my lazyboy and had to recharge. Thinking I am going to start cutting down bottles to make drinking glasses. Happy holidays.

Attachments

• milk.JPG
    milk.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 116
  • hutchinson shard.JPG
    hutchinson shard.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • victory bottling works.JPG
    victory bottling works.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • panel.JPG
    panel.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • no logging here.JPG
    no logging here.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 34
  • in situ.JPG
    in situ.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1745.JPG
    IMG_1745.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1742.JPG
    IMG_1742.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1740.JPG
    IMG_1740.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1739.JPG
    IMG_1739.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1732.JPG
    IMG_1732.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1730.JPG
    IMG_1730.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1737.JPG
    IMG_1737.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1738.JPG
    IMG_1738.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 54
Upvote 16

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to return a powerwasher to Front Royal, Virginia which is two hours away from where I live so of course I had to bring the detector along. Completed errand then passed by a nice little country park tot lot and popped a fatty indian at one inch, after research turns out a Turkey farm was here for over two hundred years before the park was built so thinking they skimmed the top four inches or so off then woodchipped it. Wow goes to show you just never do know whats in the ground...was just wanting to find some quarters to get a coke from the vending machie and ended up with a carved on 1860 fatty indian (my second fatty ever).

Knees started hurting (winter plus being fifty) so I decided to walk a creek in the woods and found two Victory Soda Works bottles (differing eras both broken sadly) a kind of obscure mineral water company out of Vienna,VA. Also got a nice large Milk of Magnesia which is a common bottle but I can get ten bucks for the big ones at the swap meet. Thank you for looking as always, end of season coming so just hammering in the hunts as much as possible until then. This was yesterday but I passed out in my lazyboy and had to recharge. Thinking I am going to start cutting down bottles to make drinking glasses. Happy holidays.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thinking I am going to start cutting down bottles to make drinking glasses. Happy holidays.
Well done on the fatty, it's always a winning day to get something a lot older at a site. (At least for me)

Making drinking glasses eh? That's really some cutting edge technology you'll be employing. :laughing7:
Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 1.55.42 PM.png

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the fatty, it's always a winning day to get something a lot older at a site. (At least for me)

Making drinking glasses eh? That's really some cutting edge technology you'll be employing. :laughing7:
View attachment 2059270
lol was thinking with the other one:laughing9: although with the shard you would perpetually be a 'glass half empty' type :tongue3:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread