Favorite Recipes you like !!1

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing i like to make when out with a group of people camping is Boiled Omelets . What we do as a group is to have everyone bring a ingredient to mix together. We have them setting on a table . Then we have 1 quart EXTRA STRENGTH Ziploc plastic baggies. It is important to have a felt pen there so people can write there name on the baggie. Everyone puts the things in the bag that they favor . We usually have 2 or 3 eggs in the baggie Then mix all the ingredients they with the eggs in the baggie. (2 eggs ) works great and cooks quicker . Now this is VERY IMPORTANT !! REMOVE ALL THE air you can from the baggie and then seal it. I usually carry a big pot and burner in my trailer for such events.
Then you bring the water to a boil and drop in all the baggies .It then takes 10 to 20 minutes (depending on the number of baggies) Everyones is done close to ther same time.
NO GREASE NO MESS to clean up and they taste FANTASTIC and everyone's are done the same time.
we have cooked up to 20 people at one time buu4 to 10 works quicker
TRY IT you will love it. REMEMBER REMOVE ALL THE AIR from the BAGGIE

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've read about the boiled omelets but never made one (haven't been camping since I got poisoned by the Girl Scouts). They do sound cool! :icon_thumright:
What did you think was going to happen taking a bunch of girls camping LOL

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can try it at home over a stove . REMEMBER TAKE all the AIR out of the baggie first. Other wise the air inside will expand and blow the baggie open

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
One thing i like to make when out with a group of people camping is Boiled Omelets . What we do as a group is to have everyone bring a ingredient to mix together. We have them setting on a table . Then we have 1 quart EXTRA STRENGTH Ziploc plastic baggies. It is important to have a felt pen there so people can write there name on the baggie. Everyone puts the things in the bag that they favor . We usually have 2 or 3 eggs in the baggie Then mix all the ingredients they with the eggs in the baggie. (2 eggs ) works great and cooks quicker . Now this is VERY IMPORTANT !! REMOVE ALL THE air you can from the baggie and then seal it. I usually carry a big pot and burner in my trailer for such events.
Then you bring the water to a boil and drop in all the baggies .It then takes 10 to 20 minutes (depending on the number of baggies) Everyones is done close to ther same time.
NO GREASE NO MESS to clean up and they taste FANTASTIC and everyone's are done the same time.
we have cooked up to 20 people at one time buu4 to 10 works quicker
TRY IT you will love it. REMEMBER REMOVE ALL THE AIR from the BAGGIE
Good thread. 😀👍
Im cooking tommorow, will post one of mine.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one 4-U. nice and easy and YUMMY.
Fresh North Atlantic Cod cooked in a pan on med heat.With garlic/wine/butter/lemon/ parsley,paprika,salt & pepper to taste. , Cook until the meat just flakes with a fork,....
009.JPG
011.JPG
no longer.
Served over a bed of orzo .........Prep time 2 minutes for the fish ,cook time 8 minutes for the orzo.
You'll love it ! ......... I can only think of one thing better...Well.... maybe 2 things :):laughing7:

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one 4-U. nice and easy and YUMMY.
Fresh North Atlantic Cod cooked in a pan on med heat.With garlic/wine/butter/lemon/ parsley,paprika,salt & pepper to taste. , Cook until the meat just flakes with a fork,.... View attachment 2051573 View attachment 2051574 no longer.
Served over a bed of orzo .........Prep time 2 minutes for the fish ,cook time 8 minutes for the orzo.
You'll love it ! ......... I can only think of one thing better...Well.... maybe 2 things :):laughing7:
Looks good thanks for the reply !!!

Reactions: RTR

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
My Chilli, who'd a thought huh, curry herb chicken wings.
I mix a chilli herb mix and put it on the chicken and vegetables.
Tonight was just potato, onion and zucchini. Use whatever.
My mix is home grown jalepeno, ultra hot one developed here in Oz, they are close to habenero heat but nice flavour too, I grow them then dry and powder them in a food Ninja, hot Curry powder, parsley flakes, oregano, black pepper, then top it all off with Chicken Salt.
Before I put the herbs and spice mix on I roll it, chicken and veg, coating them lightly in a good olive oil. Let them sit covered for an hr or two.
Cook at our 200 Celcius. Watch, turn and wait till done.
Mmmm, hot n spicy. 👍
IMG_20221021_160251_328~2.jpg

IMG_20221021_160257_260~2.jpg

IMG_20221021_160343_373~2.jpg

IMG_20221021_171756_339~2.jpg

IMG_20221021_171752_289~2.jpg

IMG_20221021_181717_393~2.jpg

Finger licken good. Just dont rub your eyes 😂

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday night dinner I'm a little slow posting. This is one of my favorite dishes just not with this meat. It was given to us by a neighbor last Thursday and wild meat doesn't waste around here.

Bear Schnitzel
20221021_200204_081544.jpg

Not gravy 😉

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beans in Chili,wtfart

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick & easy breakfast....Mix in water to pancake mix...Bake 10 minutes @ 325* ....
004.JPG
003.JPG
006.JPG
001.JPG
007.JPG
And done :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread