Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Frankie wrote this
song when he was only 13 years old. The video is old and grainy, but I thought it was cool to see them.

Frankie 's success went to his head and the money he received from his recordings went into his arm. He died at age 25 from an OD of H; while in his grandmother's bathroom shooting up. Not a pleasant picture for grandma to discover. His brother, Louie, joined the 'Teenagers' after Frankie's death but their success was limited. At least Louie lived to age 68 before dying of cancer.

The "Teenagers" were the model for other artists who followed; like Michael Jackson.
Don...

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck with the procedure, have a quick recovery.
I had a stone get lodged in the entrance to the bladder on Boxing Day (Dec26/20) I felt like I had gone few rounds with Mike Tyson doing kidney shots on me.
A hour trip by ambulance + 9 hrs in emergency, followed by a barf bag trip home in the truck in winter weather.
I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy
Then again what a way to tell somebody off. " Hope you get a kidney stone"🤣🤣🤣
Yes, I have had these lil'
devils in the past too. I may not wish one of these on my worst enemy, but I wish a Christmas stocking full for the Resident.

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

History​

During the 1940s, whenever Hollywood celebrities with vocal talents attended parties, they were expected to perform songs. In 1944, Loesser wrote "Baby, It's Cold Outside" to sing with his wife, Lynn Garland, at their housewarming party in New York City at the Navarro Hotel. They sang the song to indicate to guests that it was time to leave.[1] Garland has written that after the first performance, "We became instant parlor room stars. We got invited to all the best parties for years on the basis of 'Baby.' It was our ticket to caviar and truffles. Parties were built around our being the closing act."[1] In 1948, after years of performing the song, Loesser sold it to MGM for the 1949 romantic comedy Neptune's Daughter. Garland was furious: "I felt as betrayed as if I'd caught him in bed with another woman."[2]

According to Esther Williams, the producers of Neptune's Daughter had planned to use a different Loesser song, "(I'd Like to Get You on a) Slow Boat to China", but studio censors thought it was too suggestive and replaced it with "Baby."[3]

The song won the 1949 Academy Award for Best Original Song.[4][5]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread