Feeling Lonely - need a CRH buddy (serious)

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Been hearing about husbands going CRHing with their wives and its making me feel more than a bit lonely. Use to go to coin shows with my dad and running into their bedroom to show them the new coins I found (In case anyone wants to know. I live with them, pay rent and utlities and took care of my mom while he was at work). Now I am alone and the melancholy is really getting me down. I don't mind going coin hunting and posting onto this forum, I just wish I had a friend or gentleman friend to come with me, someone who had the same zeal as me. Yeah, I know the "oh, they steal from you" or the other bits and jokes, but I am serious here. Even if it was twice of month, just go into town together, check all the credit unions, banks and stores, dump a bunch of coins as we go, go out to lunch, go check out other places. <sighs> :sadsmiley: this sucks being alone and lonely.

Bumming in Northern Michigan,
Garoulady

Upvote 0

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I'm sorry, I feel the same way often. I got my friend into so that way I could search with him sometimes. I just get lonely in general, since I don't have many friends. :/ I would go with you but uhhhh I'm in Ohio unfortunately.

Golden Eagle

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like something you could search up pretty easily via the internet..... I bet there are lots of coin collectors in your area or people who might be interested in doing that if they knew how easy it was! You just gotta get to looking!

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I re-established a friendship with an old co-worker/girlfriend and tomorrow we are having a girl's day. She likes to can food like I do and recycle/reuse/repurpose stuff and she likes to go dumpster diving. Sweet!! She's on disability so she doesn't work and with my upcoming radiation and chemo I will be able to spend time with her. She's having knee surgery on July 10th so I probably will be helping her out whenever I can. I am going to ask and see if she would be interested in Coin roll hunting. It would be so nice to go together. she doesn't have a lot of money since she had to run out in the middle of the night due to a severe domestic violence with her <bleep> <bleep> waste of skin husband, but just having someone with me will be totally sweet.

Just lettin' ya know.
Garoulady

thing

Aug 8, 2009
I know exactly how you feel. I used to go on road trips with my girlfriend all the time. She never had an interest in the hobby but she enjoyed my success and did like feeling older coins ( since there was so much unknown history to them) It was so nice to see her waiting in the car for me and chat with her as i searched. But alais two years she has been gone and the solitary nature of crh isnt as much fun as doing t with some one

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember TN is family friendly. Please watch language, innuendoes and such....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes coin roll hunting feels like this...
lonely.gif

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend of 7 years just dumped me. Started CRHing a ear ago. I feel this played a small part

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend of 7 years just dumped me. Started CRHing a ear ago. I feel this played a small part

Yeah it is hard to balance things some times with people but everything is meant for a reason!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Garoulady, I am glad that you found a friend to enjoy this with. When I first started this addiction I would take my wife with me but she soon grew tired of it. She was still ok with me going by myself and that was fun for a while but then I got home sick after spending days on the road. Then I started ordering boxes and staying home more. I am still adding to the pile and I still enjoy the hobby. Good luck to you.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
i live with my parents, and they HATE me CRH. my father always thinks its stupid and we always get into arguments. i havent talked to him for i think a little over 1 1/2 years now because he embarrassed me infront of his friends saying i waste my time playing with coins. he is such a jerk... i made a vow to myself never to talk to my father again until i die - i hate him that much.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
i live with my parents, and they HATE me CRH. my father always thinks its stupid and we always get into arguments. i havent talked to him for i think a little over 1 1/2 years now because he embarrassed me infront of his friends saying i waste my time playing with coins. he is such a jerk... i made a vow to myself never to talk to my father again until i die - i hate him that much.

You live at home with your father and haven't talked to him in over a 1 1/2 years?
How is that possible?

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007

Life is short. We make this journey only once with no do-overs.

thing

Aug 8, 2009

my father consistantly attacks my crhing, and i dont even live at home

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't like each other - I only talk to my mum

As a kid who has lost a parent. I lost my mom at 10 now I'm 14. I would like to say that you should do the best you can to make amends with your father. You never know when death will come and you do not want to live the rest of your life with regrets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread