Feeling Lonely - need a CRH buddy (serious)

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Been hearing about husbands going CRHing with their wives and its making me feel more than a bit lonely. Use to go to coin shows with my dad and running into their bedroom to show them the new coins I found (In case anyone wants to know. I live with them, pay rent and utlities and took care of my mom while he was at work). Now I am alone and the melancholy is really getting me down. I don't mind going coin hunting and posting onto this forum, I just wish I had a friend or gentleman friend to come with me, someone who had the same zeal as me. Yeah, I know the "oh, they steal from you" or the other bits and jokes, but I am serious here. Even if it was twice of month, just go into town together, check all the credit unions, banks and stores, dump a bunch of coins as we go, go out to lunch, go check out other places. <sighs> :sadsmiley: this sucks being alone and lonely.

Bumming in Northern Michigan,
Garoulady

Upvote 0

Chris Miller

Jun 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had no idea this was even an active "sport" in the world of treasure hunting. I've been doing it for years and never heard of anyone else doing it... just figured I should keep my mouth shut. Apparently the cat is out of the bag though... LOL!

I would regularly go into banks in St. Louis and "order" rolls of halves. Usually $500-$1000 at a time - my entire paycheck worth. They would never have them in stock so of course they would have to order them from the federal reserve bank. I built most of my Kennedy half collection this way. Haven't done it in years though... and it's starting to sound like it's not even worth doing based on the posts out here.

Might have to try it again some day. Too bad i'm way down here in TX. I'd team up with ya in a minute!

Go Bills

Jul 7, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
There is a great website called meetup.com.

There are lots of already created groups formed in every area of the world for things like hiking, bible study, poetry reading, yoga, woodworking- basically anything. It's a great place to meet people and while I doubt there are many crh meetups, it's a great way to just meet people based on your hobbies. It's free. It can't hurt.

So give it a shot and once you find a buddy (or 3) that have simliar interests, you can get them into the hobby

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
As a kid who has lost a parent. I lost my mom at 10 now I'm 14. I would like to say that you should do the best you can to make amends with your father. You never know when death will come and you do not want to live the rest of your life with regrets.

He shouldn't make amends to his father, his father should make amends to him. Ain't talking to his own son ova 1.5 years, it sounds to me like he is the one who needs to apologize. From the sounds of it, he'd probably celebrate if he died.

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He shouldn't make amends to his father, his father should make amends to him. Ain't talking to his own son ova 1.5 years, it sounds to me like he is the one who needs to apologize. From the sounds of it, he'd probably celebrate if he died.

I meant either one

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I coin roll hunt with my father and dread the day when he leaves this earth. I am almost 33. If that tells you anything. I say find some common ground with your Dad and make it happen soon.

Golden Silver

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say no, not worth - I'm all heartbroken.

That's tough, man. If she mentioned CRHing on the way out, you know it was an issue with her. Girls always want to know that they're more important than your favorite hobby. Maybe the next girl will be really into coins...

Last edited:

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
i live with my parents, and they HATE me CRH. my father always thinks its stupid and we always get into arguments. i havent talked to him for i think a little over 1 1/2 years now because he embarrassed me infront of his friends saying i waste my time playing with coins. he is such a jerk... i made a vow to myself never to talk to my father again until i die - i hate him that much.

Sorry to hear about your "Dad".....a Dad (or a Mom) is supposed to be super supportive of their child's interests, passions and dreams, not someone who pokes fun or ridicules them. Smile to yourself knowing that you're not doing ANYTHING wrong and just keep doing what makes YOU happy.

P.S. If you do end up talking to your "Dad" let him know that you were chatting with a real Dad in Mass. and he says hello.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
i live with my parents, and they HATE me CRH. my father always thinks its stupid and we always get into arguments. i havent talked to him for i think a little over 1 1/2 years now because he embarrassed me infront of his friends saying i waste my time playing with coins. he is such a jerk... i made a vow to myself never to talk to my father again until i die - i hate him that much.

My parents also don't want me to CRH, saying that it is a waste of gas. I guess they're right, but they only see the profit side and not the hobby side (if it was really profitable they would drive me to banks everyday, but they have no time for a hobby that is extremely time-consuming and gives little in return).

Chris Miller

Jun 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They DO NOT order them from the Federal Reserve. The coins come from a courier.

Umm... they might come VIA a courier but big orders that the bank cannot fill come from the state's federal reserve bank. "From a courier" doesn't make any sense. I don't know of any courier / shipping company who stocks rolled coins. lol

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Umm... they might come VIA a courier but big orders that the bank cannot fill come from the state's federal reserve bank. "From a courier" doesn't make any sense. I don't know of any courier / shipping company who stocks rolled coins. lol

The only time they order from the Fed is when the stocks of coins at a coin courier are low. These are usually the boxes that are solid 1995s or solid 2001s.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"From a courier" doesn't make any sense. I don't know of any courier / shipping company who stocks rolled coins. lol

Loomis and dunbar to name a few. They have Coin Rolling Faculties in South Seattle. They Also have Cash Counting facilities. It's not like the government takes back it's coins, and then redistributes them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread