Ferris settings

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Ferris settings do you use. Bottom , top volume number and tone? Please post your settings and why?
Thanks
Once I'm on a Ferris wheel, I want it to go fast and last a long time! :laughing7: Oh.....ferrous settings on your detector? Sure, it's site dependent. If iron is a problem, I turn it up a bit, Not a problem and I turn it down to 0. Keep in mind that it can effect the target I.D., especially on deep targets. I like hearing the iron, so, I hunt with an open screen and a low and weaker tone than the non-ferrous targets.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last two park hunts I had my Ferrous Limits set at upper 5 & lower 3 because I don't mind digging a little more trash than risk discriminate a good nonferrous target. Ferrous volume 4. Recovery speed between 4-6. Audio Theme, Normal/Simple. As far as tones go I just have at 2-region All Tones. I will be trying different tones settings when I become more experienced with the detector. Sensitivity as high as I can take it 22-26.
I heard Minelab is going to have a software update for the iron falsing issue.

Last edited:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
My last two park hunts I had my Ferrous Limits set at upper 5 & lower 3 because I don't mind digging a little more trash than risk masking a good nonferrous target. Ferrous volume 4. Recovery speed between 4-6. Audio Theme Normal/Simple. As far as tones go I just have at 2-region All Tones only because I don't have the time to metal detect too much and do too much experimenting with the different tones.
I heard Minelab is going to have a software update for the iron falsing issue.
I hope Minelab does have an update. Bottle caps are a pain, yet they look great on the 2D display.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update? Sheesh, how many detectors need they make without getting it right?

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update? Sheesh, how many detectors need they make without getting it right?
I would rather have them make updates to cover issues they didn't foresee then just let them be

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iffy Signals on You Tube has a new video on how to set up 5 Region All Tones for silver coins. He shows how to set the bins up . I think l’m going to give it a try next time I head out to the park.

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
I would rather have them make updates to cover issues they didn't foresee then just let them be
I seriously wonder if they can fix this with an update. I hope they can. The problem has always been there since the Explorer. Actually my Fisher before that did it too. Fortunately the Explorers would, 95% of the time, null when you moved 90 deg. The advantage of the Manticore is finding goodies in iron. If Minelab makes the iron somehow sound worse won't we loose those masked goodies too? I would be happy if ML could get the iron to how the Explorer reported it. By then, it will be the Manti-4 or something. Why fix a current machine when the new one has such an advantage? Just say'n. It is nice to be able to update though.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seriously wonder if they can fix this with an update. I hope they can. The problem has always been there since the Explorer. Actually my Fisher before that did it too. Fortunately the Explorers would, 95% of the time, null when you moved 90 deg. The advantage of the Manticore is finding goodies in iron. If Minelab makes the iron somehow sound worse won't we loose those masked goodies too? I would be happy if ML could get the iron to how the Explorer reported it. By then, it will be the Manti-4 or something. Why fix a current machine when the new one has such an advantage? Just say'n. It is nice to be able to update though.
WELL SAID ROBIN !!!!!!

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab quieted down the Nox a lot in their 3rd update, it is possible

Robin (MI)

Jan 28, 2023
Detector(s) used
Modified Explorer II
Manticore
I'm running my ferrous limits at default. I did turn down the iron tone volume, and turned up the threshold hum. I like to learn a machine somewhat before fiddling around with settings. About the most I've changed is recovery speed down one to 4. Put it back for a while hoping it would help with the deep iron falsing - didn't change much.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since using the Manticore for 3 month's, I'm very happy with it. I I pretty much use factory General settings, adjust the swing speed, sensitivity> Use the all metal when I get a good target to determine if it's iron. And heavily rely on the 2D screen to tell me about the target. If that dot is not centered most likely its junk, but tone does play a big part of it

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Since using the Manticore for 3 month's, I'm very happy with it. I I pretty much use factory General settings, adjust the swing speed, sensitivity> Use the all metal when I get a good target to determine if it's iron. And heavily rely on the 2D screen to tell me about the target. If that dot is not centered most likely its junk, but tone does play a big part of it
That is how I use it also.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I'm on a Ferris wheel, I want it to go fast and last a long time! :laughing7: Oh.....ferrous settings on your detector? Sure, it's site dependent. If iron is a problem, I turn it up a bit, Not a problem and I turn it down to 0. Keep in mind that it can effect the target I.D., especially on deep targets. I like hearing the iron, so, I hunt with an open screen and a low and weaker tone than the non-ferrous targets.
Helpful

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread