May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Monday Cru'dad did a short hunt on Bag Seal City, but digging was too tough, tried the Field of 500 & could just get a spade in the cracks so we tried this field early this morning before the heat got too much. Now in our 2nd heat wave & officially drought conditions.
Only did 4 hours, digging was very hard but choosing an area that was on the edge of the scatter & in to no-mans land, meant much more signals. (mostly junk)

2 Scrappies
2 17th C Tokens - 1 cancelled with a square nail to the middle
Spec Buckle
Cru'dad got a Scarce type of 13-14th C Medieval Buckle - Haven't seen this type & only about 6 Recorded on the PAS & no complete examples, ours being the best front end!

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Upvote 34

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Monday Cru'dad did a short hunt on Bag Seal City, but digging was too tough, tried the Field of 500 & could just get a spade in the cracks so we tried this field early this morning before the heat got too much. Now in our 2nd heat wave & officially drought conditions.
Only did 4 hours, digging was very hard but choosing an area that was on the edge of the scatter & in to no-mans land, meant much more signals. (mostly junk)

2 Scrappies
Spec Buckle
Cru'dad got a Scarce type of 13-14th C Medieval Buckle - Haven't seen this type & only about 6 Recorded on the PAS & no complete examples, ours being the best front end!

View attachment 2041369 View attachment 2041370 View attachment 2041371
Cru',
I think I would melt after about half an hour into digging in that kind of heat. Stay hydrated. Thanks for sharing!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2 Scrappies
Spec Buckle

Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

2 Scrappies
Spec Buckle

sounds like you needed a pickaxe to recover those sweet digs, good fortitude!

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

2 Scrappies
Spec Buckle

I was just watching the news here in the US and saw the dried up river beds in England. Right away I thought of you guys and wondering how you guys like mud?:cross:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like you needed a pickaxe to recover those sweet digs, good fortitude!
True, but never needed to own one until now, however I don't want to carry one around, as they don't make good walking sticks, like the spades do. Therefore, next time I'm carrying my rock hammer that I got for going fossil hunting with my nephew, as it has a sharp chisel end.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just watching the news here in the US and saw the dried up river beds in England. Right away I thought of you guys and wondering how you guys like mud?:cross:
Our main river is just low & fishing terrible, so I have no fall back to a better option hobby. In this respect, I've never known a year like it. (normally a muddy colour river, now crystal clear to over 5ft, the back waters are full of weed/greenery, never seen anything like it)

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k

2 Scrappies
Spec Buckle

Nice finds there!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
True, but never needed to own one until now, however I don't want to carry one around, as they don't make good walking sticks, like the spades do. Therefore, next time I'm carrying my rock hammer that I got for going fossil hunting with my nephew, as it has a sharp chisel end.
Good luck chiseling those relics, those finds sure make me want to journey across the atlantic pond to swing on some european dirt...I am a man of limited means so when I can afford it I really want to mudlark the thames (need the permit of course) at least once in my life. Happy hunting.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread