SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These last 3 months have been the best detecting of my life. My Mom, Arty and I have been like giddy school girls just thinking what we were going to find when we made return trips to these amazing fields. Its crazy how many signals AREN'T there now. We spent a good 8 hours yesterday hunting some new fields and some familiar fields and I did pretty well. Pulled 5 more coppers from 3 different fields and a handful of buttons. We have almost exhausted all of our nooks and crannies in these fields that hold relics. They are not going to plow this year so we will have to wait til next year before we can expect to find much more. I took a bunch of pics last night of all of the coppers,buttons,spanish,silver, and pieces of shoe buckles, Nipple buttons, Military buttons, Musket balls etc. I found a total of 36 Large coppers, 298 Buttons, 4 17th century copper that I can Id...4 spanish, 6 17th Nipple buttons, 6 military buttons and a mess of old relics.

With fishing season in almost full swing and the warmer weather and bug filled woods and fields yesterday may have been my last trip to the fields of legend. So I decided to do a total now to see just what exactly was found for future reference. Thanks for looking and can't wait for more fields like these! But I doubt we will find similiar ones in my lifetime. Thanks to Mom and Arty for being awesome hunting partners. Until next time.

Upvote 12

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim those are some amazing finds for sure.That field sure enough produced some high quality finds.keep up the great work

NJLargeCent

Feb 8, 2012
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible archive of a great site. "Well done!" is an understatement.

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
simply incredible.......nice hunting and a hell of a lot of work

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW again. Great stuff. What we all dream about.
What kind of fishing? I hope to get some time in for stripers and maybe MD when the prime tide falls off.
Thanks for posting and the pics.

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, it is amazing looking at everything at once, WOW!!! Had a great time hunting with you, it was a thrill and a half. I will be getting the baby Viking ready for night striper.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still think the Irish Charles was Banner worthy :icon_scratch: strange the votes did'nt come, that many coppers in one go, and different two.....but you surely had a great time in those fields :thumbsup:

SS

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm curious about the holed coins.

I've always assumed that dug holed coins were probably from a modern loss of someone's prized antique necklace or such.

Obviously, the time span of finds at this site is long (both Reales and Walkers present), but I often see other holed coins (many that are bust period) dug with other artifacts that appear contemporary to the coin's date. Was is common to hole a coin back in the day? If so, for what purpose?

Not trying to hijack the thread, just curious.

TKC

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the good words everyone. SS not sure why, I have my own little mental banner going on in my head so not being up top here doesn't bother me. Coin kid. Those are actually early presidential tokens I forgot to mention. They holed them to keep them together with other holed coins, wear as bracelets,necklaces etc. I don't think pockets were big back in the day, especially at these fields ;)

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the good words everyone. SS not sure why, I have my own little mental banner going on in my head so not being up top here doesn't bother me. Coin kid. Those are actually early presidential tokens I forgot to mention. They holed them to keep them together with other holed coins, wear as bracelets,necklaces etc. I don't think pockets were big back in the day, especially at these fields ;)

Jim, I cant count the number of times I have voted banner only to be left going :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for big dose of inspiration. Love those pix!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy sh*t Jim thats like a history book in itself
sFun_crazydance.gif
sFun_crazydance.gif
sFun_crazydance.gif

Blaze

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
Wow Jim to see it altogether like that is absolutely amazing. I know you want me to post up my finds as well so give me a couple of days. I just hope my pics come out as good as yours did. You have such an amazing display and it was the best time I can ever remember metal detecting. Just bonding with you for all those hunts was priceless. You are a great hunter and a great human being. But being your Mom I am a little biased:) I am glad that I was with you when you found your first 1700's coin awhile back. But seeing all these beauty's coming out of the ground was unreal. You sure know how to sniff out those coppers:) Great finds and hope there will be more when they do plow. Till next time.......

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazing! Great work.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. I can only dream of finding a site like that!! You guys should take a group shot!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAN! Now THATS some more finds, Killer finds......................HH

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
Wow Jim that is awesome to see it all put together!! You sure are the copper vaccuum:) What a great bunch of finds and I am glad that I was there to see most of it come out of the ground:) Guess I'll have to put up my stuff as well when I get the chance. So much to do so little time:) Congrats on some great finds! You dah man!

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spectacular finds!! 1793 will flow in that collection nicely!=ED

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread