Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'd start by researching the history of the farm. Maybe there was another farmhouse somewhere else on the land before the one you see today. How about an archived aerial view? Maybe the original farmhouse had an outhouse. If nothing turns up, stay close to the house and the perimeter fencing.
Welcome to Treasurenet !!
Don.....

OP
OP
M

Mike D.

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2022
I'd start by researching the history of the farm. Maybe there was another farmhouse somewhere else on the land before the one you see today. How about an archived aerial view? Maybe the original farmhouse had an outhouse. If nothing turns up, stay close to the house and the perimeter fencing.
Welcome to Treasurenet !!
Don.....
Thanks Don!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find the cloths line hunt there . I've done well in that area.

Jamie Rullestad

Dec 3, 2020
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look to the ditch for what appears to be a worn down driveway or approach to the farm. Then work straight back from there.

A. word of awareness here, but it was common to toss the “clinkers” or unburned coal in the driveway, and they can ring as iron or metallic.

Im working an old, now nonexistent farmstead, and those things are driving me nuts. It’s blanketed with them.

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I live most fields have gone back to woods or overbuilt. So Iron signals in the woods tell me about important activity. Not many stone walls here for clues. Although areas where the brush has refused to grow back are old burn areas. They repeatedly burned the ground until all roots were dead and a wild grass will fill in. These grazing areas were much needed. They are often good spots for finding early items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread