🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Figure..metal, wearing stockings, handle, upturned collar, Victorian looking

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
17F1B8D8-3F21-4972-BB01-A98182C165A6.jpeg
4356323C-1F07-45B8-ABB0-82C90521F427.jpeg
Hi all,

This was found in a dump pit in New England with other items found being from the late 1880s to early 1900s. Any clue what this might be?

Thanks!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 5
OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What about them claws and cowboy boots?:laughing7: You know,there was one very similar to that on here a while back that I believe was IDed as a Cracker Jack prize.That one seems to have some additional parts added.
The hair looks rather curly and the lips wide..wondered if It was ethnic related…

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What about them claws and cowboy boots?:laughing7: You know,there was one very similar to that on here a while back that I believe was IDed as a Cracker Jack prize.That one seems to have some additional parts added.
I thought it looked like he was wearing shoes, knee socks…the kind held up with buckles…and knicker type pants?

Upvote 2

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one is certainly a challenge. Have you tried to make a paper rubbing of this figure? That might help clear up the details from the background. I've been trying to look at individual items of clothing. Shoes look 1800s, maybe earlier? I have seen depictions of soldiers and people of higher social status wearing those baggy pants with stripes or ribbed stitching. Really looking forward to this ID. Looks like it was cast and then welded to the ring and "hasp", so there are likely to be others if that's the case.

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This one is certainly a challenge. Have you tried to make a paper rubbing of this figure? That might help clear up the details from the background. I've been trying to look at individual items of clothing. Shoes look 1800s, maybe earlier? I have seen depictions of soldiers and people of higher social status wearing those baggy pants with stripes or ribbed stitching. Really looking forward to this ID. Looks like it was cast and then welded to the ring and "hasp", so there are likely to be others if that's the case.
Thanks. I was with the woman who found this, so I can ask for a rubbing for details. I was curious why the handle looking part had grooves in it too.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions