🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Figure..metal, wearing stockings, handle, upturned collar, Victorian looking

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
17F1B8D8-3F21-4972-BB01-A98182C165A6.jpeg
4356323C-1F07-45B8-ABB0-82C90521F427.jpeg
Hi all,

This was found in a dump pit in New England with other items found being from the late 1880s to early 1900s. Any clue what this might be?

Thanks!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This piece is definitely interesting Underwonder. :thumbsup:

To me, it almost looks like a fantasy piece that someone has cobbled together using bits and pieces they had in their workshop. The loop at the top looks to be an old drawer handle (furniture hardware). Based on the decoration on the face, the piece on the bottom looks to be an old keyhole escutcheon plate from a chest. The figure in the middle strikes me as being an old printing plate. :icon_scratch:

Great save, this will make for a nice display,
Dave

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This piece is definitely interesting Underwonder. :thumbsup:

To me, it almost looks like a fantasy piece that someone has cobbled together using bits and pieces they had in their workshop. The loop at the top looks to be an old drawer handle (furniture hardware). Based on the decoration on the face, the piece on the bottom looks to be an old keyhole escutcheon plate from a chest. The figure in the middle strikes me as being an old printing plate. :icon_scratch:

Great save, this will make for a nice display,
Dave
Thank you…very interesting assembly of pieces then! It isn’t mine…a friend found it…and not even with a metal detector!

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread