Figured out why I wasn't thrilled with the Legend, ... the Simplex ruined everything

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oddly enough, it's because that damned Simplex scarfed almost everything up prior. The only good 'finds' left, yet so much fewer (they had eluded the Simplex) are deeper/on-edge coins/iron-influenced keepers and such, ... overall trickier target/keepers to identify but the Legend comes through brilliantly. I only have a couple of small limited acreage to metal detect, so that's why I wasn't initially thrilled because I wasn't finding/targeting much, but I hadn't thought it through. The Legend has me completely convinced now that it is more than a step above my trusty Simplex 2.77 with SP24 (a sweetheart of a machine)

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool to hear. I'm looking at a Simplex to carry around in my trunk so I always have something on hand no matter where i'm at!

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool to hear. I'm looking at a Simplex to carry around in my trunk so I always have something on hand no matter where i'm at!
Get the SP24 with it if you can, It's been my best producing coil. I've tried the stock and the Detech Ultimate 13, ... that SP24 is my favorite:)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't store one in a trunk, The heat can kill them.

Last edited:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oddly enough, it's because that damned Simplex scarfed almost everything up prior. The only good 'finds' left, yet so much fewer (they had eluded the Simplex) are deeper/on-edge coins/iron-influenced keepers and such, ... overall trickier target/keepers to identify but the Legend comes through brilliantly. I only have a couple of small limited acreage to metal detect, so that's why I wasn't initially thrilled because I wasn't finding/targeting much, but I hadn't thought it through. The Legend has me completely convinced now that it is more than a step above my trusty Simplex 2.77 with SP24 (a sweetheart of a machine)
Your post tells me just how great of a detector the Simplex truly is, I think its great even though I own both the Legend and the Simplex also I love both of them that simplex amazes me every time my grandson and I goes out to detect together he takes his simplex that I purchased for him for a birthday present and me with the Legend we have a blast, and you know what I do not care if he finds more then me I just enjoy watching him digging things up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread