Finally a break in the weather! A couple silvers.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the son got home from college this week and brought the rain with him:BangHead:

With a break in the storms out the door we went and headed for out faithful old ghost town. After a few hours and nothing to show, we drove down the old road to a couple home sites that sit about a mile away. Before I could even turn my Deus back on my son is about 10 feet from the rig and yells "Half Dollar"! I was happy he was back in the swing of things and got himself a nice 1907-S Barber. I was lucky to find the Indian about 20 feet away. With not much more I hit the old road for the heck of it since this was the main road by horse or wagon. About 100 yards I had a great 92 on the Deus and after some digging I could see a silver ridge in the clump. Walked back to my son and showed him, Of course he offered to take it out but no way. Out popped the 1889 Seated. I laughed cause we have driven down this road hundreds of times and to think we have been driving over coins this entire time. :laughing7:

Not a bad weekend and we have more to do before he leaves for his summer internship in Baltimore. Trying to tell him to take his machine with him! We'll see.

We'll be back.....................

amedee1.jpg amedee2.jpg

Upvote 18

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Great find! Heck ya, he could find some amazing stuff in Maryland. I get it though, I didn’t detect while I was in college. I had a lot of other interests and was more concerned with fitting in and not being “that guy”.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Bolle! Love that half!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer old coin shooting! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread