Finally a Little Gold to End the Drought! (very little)

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a tough week of hunting. All park hunting as there's not much history here that hasn't been covered up with concrete and asphalt. The parks all seem to be hit pretty hard so I've been going low and slow and digging deep.

The first park was good for $4.37, a key, a doggie tag and a washer.
1124221207.jpeg

The next park had an area that didn't seem to be hunted much, probably because it's a steep grassy slope. There I managed to free $7.27, 2 big bolts, 2 junk bracelets, a live 9mm round, a carousel token, a clip thingy, a mystery cap and a big aluminum tent stake.
1124221200.jpeg

The final park for the week had been cleaned out quite admirably. Most of what I found there came from the edges of a volleyball court. It has a short concrete wall around it and all the rebar in it makes the detector go berzerk, so I lowered the sensitivity way down and walked along it, not swinging but just walking it parallel to the wall. I pulled quite a bit of clad and some pretty small targets doing that, including the itty bitty 10k heart from about 3 inches down in the sand.
1122221413.jpeg

Hopefully that little gold trinket will be the beginning of a gold run! All I can do is keep swinging and hope for the best.

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck wishes to all!

Attachments

• 1124221200a_2.jpeg
    1124221200a_2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 1122221413a.jpeg
    1122221413a.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 1122221414.jpeg
    1122221414.jpeg
    933.2 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 10

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a tough week of hunting. All park hunting as there's not much history here that hasn't been covered up with concrete and asphalt. The parks all seem to be hit pretty hard so I've been going low and slow and digging deep.

View attachment 2056677

The next park had an area that didn't seem to be hunted much, probably because it's a steep grassy slope. There I managed to free $7.27, 2 big bolts, 2 junk bracelets, a live 9mm round, a carousel token, a clip thingy, a mystery cap and a big aluminum tent stake.
View attachment 2056678

The final park for the week had been cleaned out quite admirably. Most of what I found there came from the edges of a volleyball court. It has a short concrete wall around it and all the rebar in it makes the detector go berzerk, so I lowered the sensitivity way down and walked along it, not swinging but just walking it parallel to the wall. I pulled quite a bit of clad and some pretty small targets doing that, including the itty bitty 10k heart from about 3 inches down in the sand.
View attachment 2056680

Hopefully that little gold trinket will be the beginning of a gold run! All I can do is keep swinging and hope for the best.

Congratulation on the tiny gold. All gold counts no matter how small so keep it coming. Your persistence in overcoming the rebar obstacle is why you are successful.

Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2056677

View attachment 2056678

View attachment 2056680

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2056677

View attachment 2056678

View attachment 2056680

nice digging, happy holidays back atcha...we always find gold the same day!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congratulations on the tiny gold! Thanks for sharing with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread