Finally detecting for the first time today... While at work haha

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was planning on hitting the beaches here in Lis angeles this morning but re was still too much rain for my machine to handle. I decided to wait but something told me to bring my machine to work today (I'm a body guard/executive protection agent that has a very relaxed job and I got prior permission to detect my clients house and his neighbors houses, all 1920's and 30's properties in the hills around UCLA).

I'm using a crappy bounty hunter tracker IV. I've already tested it on a patch of mixed dead and live grass between the curb And the sidewalk and I have already gotten a bunch of hits in a very small area.

I'm also positive this area has never been detected because the house all cost $4mil and up and are constantly patroled by security. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a really cool opportunity here.

Plus who can say they got paid to metal detect before?

I'm hoping for silver and any old relics from the time period.

Most of my hunt will occur in the evening hours when my services are no longer needed and I have downtime.

I will post updated as/if I find anything...

P.S.
Anybody here in L.A. able to legally say they detected and carried a gun (lawfully) in lis angeles at the same time? I just knocked that one of my detecting bucket list thanks to my client... LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
My work has me travelling a few times a year.

Last year I was in Florida 3 or 4 times, and I took my machine with me to hunt the beaches.

I did not log a lot of time, but it was fun.

Good luck with your hunts.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your hunts! though it my not have had much detecting, yards in better neighborhoods are often landscaped through the years - I have had best luck around long established plantings.

OP
OP
S

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170123_170146.jpg

I placed a stone where I got my first got on the detector. There are names and dates. If there is a coin there that fell out of one of the people's pockets who left their mark on the sidewalk (1964) it is a good chance I'm gonna get silver.

Or it could be trash. I still have to dig it. My client just walked out and told me to stay here out front. Time for some plugging!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.S.
Anybody here in L.A. able to legally say they detected and carried a gun (lawfully) in lis angeles at the same time? I just knocked that one of my detecting bucket list thanks to my client... LOL[/QUOTE]

I have......for over 20 years. Didn't get the CCW up there though.

OP
OP
S

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Message_1485227864886.jpg

Sorry for not posting pix as I found them. I ended up having to do a few things but I only got I detect one small patch. A 4'x40' stretch of grass between sidwalk and curb right next to the security truck I sit in. Found a bunch of clad. Oldest coin was 1980.

Coolest find was the spent casing. There has been security here for 10 years. I wonder if there has been any incidents over the years... It may have just been something that fell out of somebody's range but it's in a really odd place.

Oh yeah no trash except for the copper nut. But that is going into my copper pile to get melted down into ingonts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread