FINALLY found something other than a bottlecap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kblackphoto

Nov 17, 2009
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
nokta makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello!! today was a changing day for me. finally, after a year of treasure hunting (on and off of course). Im in small town Oklahoma and I came to visit my grandpa I havent seen in about 15 years. It was like it was yesterday when I saw him though. Anyways, I knew he had an older house and I warned him I will be treasure hunting. Anyways I went out into his backyard and I found a 1939 mercury dime!! i was out for literally 5 minutes before I picked up a signal that was solid. I dug a small plug and it just popped out at me like nobodys business. I was so happy I was jumping around. Not sure if its worth anything or not, but I don't really care because I finally found something other than a bottlecap, that is old and that is not a piece of junk. I did some more digging and came up with 3 wheat pennies and 2 nickels. The nickels were nothing special but the wheat pennies were a cool find. Anyways, just wanted to share. I have been digging for a long time but I kept on keepin on and I found some pretty cool stuff. Thanks for reading my story!!!
:laughing7:

Upvote 4

Henry2

May 27, 2011
Congratulations on the silver, its proof that if you're patient the good stuff will come eventually:thumbsup:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool! congrats to you!!

OP
OP
kblackphoto

kblackphoto

Nov 17, 2009
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
nokta makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks guys, its it really good condition too. its not marked there is just a crown on it. i will post pics when i get home. my gpa said the dirt was poured around the house a long time ago so who knows where the coins originated from. there is an old clothes line but had no luck there. i kept getting lots of crazy signals so im guessing that could be plumbing but when those coins showed up it was a clear signal.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to live west of Enid, but I miss the potential Oklahoma has in finding goodies. Remember, that to claim the land (1/4 section)back in the land rush, they had to build a house. A lot of these old buildings are gone. After getting permission I would look for broken glass and other debris. Good Luck, I hope you find a good one! P.S. Congratulations on the silver dime and the wheaties. :thumbsup:

motodude

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its it really good condition too.

That's because when you told grandpa you would be treasure hunting he went out and planted it in the yard for you to find! :)

Just kidding! Great find and congratulations!

Dug1898

Sep 27, 2011
Fingerlakes Region, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-X2 &
Los Banos Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Girl! Your first coin was silver! That's a good sign, You'll find more for sure. Keep checking those backyards and clothslines, lol.

OP
OP
kblackphoto

kblackphoto

Nov 17, 2009
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
nokta makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol my grandpa made a joke that he wants to plant a bunch of coins now haha. thanks again everyone;)

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol my grandpa made a joke that he wants to plant a bunch of coins now haha. thanks again everyone;)

My dad would always stoop to pick up a coin and it would make his day, so we would plant one now and then to perk him up. :laughing7:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Mrs. B on your first Merc! :thumbsup:

been digging for a long time but I kept on keepin on
And there's the key right there. Good finds don't happen every day.

Good luck out there!

HH

Marinehunter

Jan 31, 2012
New York/Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Pro-pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being king of the pop tops and penny finds, I know the feeling, just keep diggin.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
congrats on the silver! I would keep hitting his yard if I were you!

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! I feel happy for you!
I've found buckets of coins, but I'm still hoping ad waiting for my first Merc!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAY TO GO!! Persistence pays off HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions