Finally Found Something Worth Posting

Lee-MI-MI

Apr 3, 2005
Midland Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Fisher CZ-20/21
I had a couple of "Finallys" last weekend.

Finally learned to use my CZ-20
Finally found something worth more than a couple of dollars.
Finally was able to search in the water.
Finally got my wife interested in what I find - any place!
Got a chance to compare my CZ with my MXT. Interesting.

The watches originally cost about $230 according to local jewelers.
About $7 in change. Including an 1897 IH penny and a 1976-1876 commemorative quarter.

The toe ring with the elastic plastic string was the first of this type for me.

The earrings with the chain in the middle will be returned to the owner after I show my finds to my MD club at our regular meeting at the end of the month. A guy and his son walked up to me and asked if I had found a pair of earrings yet. (I hadn't.) The kid said they were like a pair of numbchucks. The dad was a little more descriptive but ended up saying the same thing. His 18 year old daughter had taken them off and laid them on her towel for safe keeping. Your guessed it. Time to go, shake sand off towel and head for the camper. Dang!

I asked him to show me where she lost them. He pointed and said, "Right about there." I asked him to walk off an area that would include where she lost them. He looked at me like, "I just told you where she lost them." So anyway he walked off a 20' x 40' spot, gave me his camping spot number and then left.

I finally found them about 10 - 15 feet off the corner - outside of the area he marked off.

The day was dismal. Rain and windy but warm. Lovely weather for me. Hardly anyone on the beach.I could have messed my britches when I hit the big diver type watch. I had found the Bulova the previous day. Two watches in one weekend. Wow! A couple of kids saw me pull it out. Boy, were they excited! Kept asking if I would give it to them. Hah! Get our own detector. They hung around me until their big brother came and told them that Dad wanted them to come back out of the rain.

Got this stuff from the west coast of Michigan, near Mears. I was surprised at how clean the beach was. Sure, I found some trash but most of it was pretty fresh. I figure other TH'ers must hit the area pretty well. Looks like I beat them to at least a few things. That IH penny really blows my mind.

I don't know why the picture does not display. The name of the picture is at the bottom and if I click on it the picture will download to my computer. It is a pain but viewable. Any one know why I am having this problem?

Attachments

• MearsTreasures4csharp.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TRY RENAMING IT.

? NO spaces in between.

this may correct it.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I clicked on it I got a narrow strip with only a small part of a watch band and some kind of a toy car?...I think? Nice finds anyway! JIM

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get "Cant Detrmine Type"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread