Finally Got Some Silver - 2 Hammered, Ring & ROMAN SILVER...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'dad found a field near the Roman Lion Site that we had never tried & was in nice condition. It had been disced up & they have had 22mm of localised rain. Made a change to do a nice cultivated field that you could dig. This field was towards the bottom of the list for years. It needed trying but only came to the top in these difficult times. Within about 40 mins cru'dad got a hammered & I followed about 5 mins later, then it went dead until I got the 6g silver Ring. It was a very quiet field & we expected a little more medieval stuff, but not even a modern button!
After lunch we moved to the field next to the Roman Lion Site, a low yield Roman area we hadn't tried in years. It was Wheat Stubble, so we only did the tyre tracks. Gave up, after just over an hour & moved to the Roman Lion Site. Once again only doing the tyre tracks on a field we have hammered over the years.
I was surprised to get our first Siliqua because all the other coins have been early Denarius!
6 Hours (longest hunt in awhile with better cooler cloud cover):

4 Scrappies
Roman Ring Bezel (for child)
1902 6g Silver Ring (Birmingham) (this ring just happened to have the same makers mark initials as the owner. We will give it to him)
Edward III Hammered Halfpenny
Henry VIII Halfpenny

Constantius II Siliqua AD360

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

Upvote 22

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'dad found a field near the Roman Lion Site that we had never tried & was in nice condition. It had been disced up & they have had 22mm of localised rain. Made a change to do a nice cultivated field that you could dig. This field was towards the bottom of the list for years. It needed trying but only came to the top in these difficult times. Within about 40 mins cru'dad got a hammered & I followed about 5 mins later, then it went dead until I got the 6g silver Ring. It was a very quiet field & we expected a little more medieval stuff, but not even a modern button!
After lunch we moved to the field next to the Roman Lion Site, a low yield Roman area we hadn't tried in years. It was Wheat Stubble, so we only did the tyre tracks. Gave up, after just over an hour & moved to the Roman Lion Site. Once again only doing the tyre tracks on a field we have hammered over the years.
I was surprised to get our first Siliqua because all the other coins have been early Denarius!

4 Scrappies
1902 6g Silver Ring (Birmingham) (this ring just happened to have the same makers mark initials as the owner. We will give it to him)
Henry VIII Halfpenny

View attachment 2042786 View attachment 2042787 View attachment 2042788 View attachment 2042789 View attachment 2042790 View attachment 2042791
Wonderful coins and ring. You guys are good.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4 Scrappies
Henry VIII Halfpenny

View attachment 2042786 View attachment 2042787 View attachment 2042788 View attachment 2042789 View attachment 2042790 View attachment 2042791
Wow!! Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4 Scrappies
Henry VIII Halfpenny

Always a joy to see what recoveries you and Cru'dad come up with... thanks for sharing...love the detail in the bottom pics...and the owner will be pleased with the ring I'm sure!

Last edited:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always nice to get one of the late silvers! With two hammereds a really good day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread