FINALLY: IRON BRIGADE 2008--LOTS OF PHOTOS!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Fantastic year-end presentation of the Iron Brigade's finds, Buckles!! :icon_king: :o ::) :thumbsup:

Your passion for detecting and knowledge of 19th century relics is a major asset to everyone on Tnet. I appreciate the time you spend taking good looking pics, cleaning, identifying, and discussing your finds on the forum, each post having something very good to share. You're one of the leading guys on the forum that I can learn more about 19th century relics that I will never find in my locale. Hey, we expect nothing less from a master iron-patch hunter as yourself. ;D

Keep the great finds coming, buddy! Hope '09 will be another great year for you and the Brigade!!

Cheers!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Thank you so much for the kind words, my friend. They mean a great deal to me. I'm glad to see you've hit the ground running in 2009--with a good many silvers in your collecting bag already. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Nothing finer then getting out to an old war field. I do not have any around here in Minnesota...

Looks good.

Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twin Digger said:
Nothing finer then getting out to an old war field. I do not have any around here in Minnesota...

Looks good.

Happy Hunting.

Very few of these relics were from Civil War camps or battle sites.ย  :wink:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD-777 said:
BuckleBoy said:
Twin Digger said:

Looks good.

Happy Hunting.

Very few of these relics were not from Civil War camps or battle sites.ย  :wink:

For a moment there, I thought I saw a ghost... :wink:

:icon_sunny:

The Ghost of Diggins Past. Boo!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow !! Great history save for the year! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
done dug it all up said:
Damn thats unbelievable.

congratulations to you and I cant wait to see what you dig up this year

And that video is very nice. who took your photographs?

-Done Dugit

I took a good many of them, and Rodeo Recon also took a large portion of photos as well--if you mean the video slide show photos. Your avatar says you're a photographer. Is it a profession, a hobby, or both?

-Buckles

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome display of 2008 finds :hello2: Look forward to 2009 display :icon_thumright:

What info do you have on the aluminum shamrock piece in pic 12?

Found one just like it in a gravel driveway to an old farmhouse.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 871
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IronSpike said:
What an awesome display of 2008 finds :hello2: Look forward to 2009 display :icon_thumright:

What info do you have on the aluminum shamrock piece in pic 12?

Found one just like it in a gravel driveway to an old farmhouse.

Hey, thanks for such a nice reply. :thumbsup:

I don't really know what that one is...it was Hill Billy's find. You could PM him and ask about it (he's online a good bit).

Regards,

Buckles

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Buckles

Only asked about the shamrock as I had found an identical piece. Considering all the other outstanding finds posted it is of much less interest (no offense Hill Billy). Reckon it's a good luck charm from mid 1900's.

By the way your button cleaning thread is great and well displayed this thread.

Added: Carnival/fair good luck charm from 1970's.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,98741.0.html

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IronSpike said:
Thanks Buckles

Only asked about the shamrock as I had found an identical piece. Considering all the other outstanding finds posted it is of much less interest (no offense Hill Billy). Reckon it's a good luck charm from mid 1900's.

By the way your button cleaning thread is great and well displayed this thread.

Hey, no problem. If you like, I will call Hill Billy and ask. The way I see it, if a find can be ID'ed, it should be. It's part of the reason that we post most of what we find.

Thank you for the kind words. I hope you found the button cleaning thread helpful.

Regards,

Buckles

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, that was just sickening to look at. You have some truly amazing finds there, too numerous to count. Many, many questions, but will only ask a couple. The silver spoon, any markings? And the large silver coin, (with the attachment), what type? freaky great collection, don't know how you had time to post on any other sites. Major Kudos.
Carl

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Okay, that was just sickening to look at. You have some truly amazing finds there, too numerous to count. Many, many questions, but will only ask a couple. The silver spoon, any markings? And the large silver coin, (with the attachment), what type? freaky great collection, don't know how you had time to post on any other sites. Major Kudos.
Carl

LOL I don't post on other sites, and when I'm hunting, I'm too busy to post as much here. Feel free to ask any questions you want. That's what this forum is about--exchanging information. 8)

The silver spoon has no markings. It was found at an 1870s mansion, but I think it predates the mansion by a good many years. (The original occupants lived in a smaller house by a creek, but were quite well off even before the mansion was built, as judging from the amount of Spanish Silver we found there). The large silver coin is an 1820's Bavarian silver 20 Kreutzer coin. It was found in an area where there were German Immigrants around 1830, and my theory is that it was lost by one of those people who had saved it as a keepsake from the Fatherland.

Thank you for the flattering reply, and Best Wishes,

Buckles

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Carl

LOL I don't post on other sites, and when I'm hunting, I'm too busy to post as much here. Feel free to ask any questions you want. That's what this forum is about--exchanging information. 8)

The silver spoon has no markings. It was found at an 1870s mansion, but I think it predates the mansion by a good many years. (The original occupants lived in a smaller house by a creek, but were quite well off even before the mansion was built, as judging from the amount of Spanish Silver we found there). The large silver coin is an 1820's Bavarian silver 20 Kreutzer coin. It was found in an area where there were German Immigrants around 1830, and my theory is that it was lost by one of those people who had saved it as a keepsake from the Fatherland.

Thank you for the flattering reply, and Best Wishes,

Buckles
My bad, meant forums here at this site. But I think you caught the drift. Yeah, that spoon has that 1840-50 look to it. Goooood stuff dere!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
My bad, meant forums here at this site. But I think you caught the drift. Yeah, that spoon has that 1840-50 look to it. Goooood stuff dere!

Thank you for the kind words, my friend. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread