Finally made it into the 1800's

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a really decent fork while out hunting with my Ace 400...did some research on Murray, ID and found a couple of houses I had not seen before on previous maps...anyway was onsite about 10 minutes and found the fork about 5-6 inches down. See pictures included. Thinking they were part of the original town population of about 2500 or so...pretty cool none the less.

Got-Good-Tones

Attachments

• Meriden Britannia Co (Maker Mark).jpg
    Meriden Britannia Co (Maker Mark).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 61
  • Meriden Britannia Co Pattern (Back).jpg
    Meriden Britannia Co Pattern (Back).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Meriden Britannia Co Pattern (Front).jpg
    Meriden Britannia Co Pattern (Front).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Meriden Britannia Co Pattern (Maker Mark).jpg
    Meriden Britannia Co Pattern (Maker Mark).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 11

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
1847 would be the patent date, right? Is it sterling or plated? Great looking fork, grats!

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1847 was when the company was founded...was called "Rogers Bros Britannia Company" up until it was bought out by another company around 1898. Pattern is called "Meriden" in case anyone finds one while out MD'ing in the future. Silver plated from what I can find online...pretty freaking heavy too.

Got-Good-Tones

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just some background info on Murray, ID. Murray was a Gold Rush town ~ 1883 - 1885...at some point the population was around 2500 or so people...Wyatt Earp at one point had a saloon out towards Eagle Creek...he was also put in jail at Murray several times during this time period for "Claim Jumping". Murray had quite a few saloons...several churches...and a lot of prospectors...population current date is around 25 people year round. They have a event they do each year called "Molly B' Damn days"...matter of fact my wife designed the tee-shirts for this years event...should it actually happpen due to the Coronavirus pandemic...

Got-Good-Tones

DavidDigs4Free

May 20, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Find! That Fork is a real beauty and in good condition. I'd like to use that Fork on a thick and juicy Rib Steak. LOL Are you going to give that Fork a Road Test?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice fork in excellent condition! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about the "Road Test"...LOL Considering it is as old as it is...I was really impressed with the shape it was in after being in the dirt that long. Anyway...First fork I've ever found...I'm just glad I got into the 1800's club...LOL

The oldest thing I had found before the fork...was a 1918 penny...sure would like to locate some IHP's tho...

Got-Good-Tones

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crossfire631,

Oh yeah...Heck yeah...I intend to go back quite a few times before summer is over. Just getting started...LOL Have several spots I want to check out in more detail.

Got-Good-Tones

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I got permission to check out some of the old house sites in Murray, Idaho. Should be interesting to see what I find...probably be back to Murray Idaho this coming Friday or Saturday...Woo Hoo.

Got-Good-Tones

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got back out to Murray Idaho...did not find too much of any interest. (Pulltabs, Trash...etc...etc) Did find a county auto tag from 1965 that is in halfway decent shape...if anybody wants to see a picture of said tag I'll upload one for all to see...LOL

Got-Good-Tones

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got "Forked" twice in one day...

Got back out to Murray Idaho again...this time I found 2 more forks within about 4-5 feet of the location I found the first fork. One fork is the same as the first fork...only made by a different company. Second fork is a different design all together...appears to be circa 1938 by a company out of Chicago (Pick & Company). Have a picture of it all cleaned up....Pattern is called "La Rose" What's got me curious is why there would be a bunch of "Forks" in one general spot...within just a few feet of each other???

Got-Good-Tones

Attachments

• La Rose Pattern (1938).png
    La Rose Pattern (1938).png
    10.3 KB · Views: 71

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread