Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooooo.....I *finally* did it, I finally upgraded. I went with an AT-MAX. I'm familiar with Garretts and figured the learning curve wouldn't be much. Already, I'm pretty impressed by this machine. Look at these tiny finds I got today! I know I can't see much of anything on them. But they're so small and....I hit them easily at 6-8 inches!!

Only the 2nd from the right shows a clue for identifying. But still! This toy is going to be very interesting getting to know!
1103212031a~2.jpg

1103212032~2.jpg

I'll defer to the experts as buttons are not my fortรฉ.

This machine is already showing itself to be *very* deep!

1103212033~2.jpg
1103212033a~2.jpg

A surprisingly nice Wheatie at 9 inches!!

1103212031~2.jpg

It seems to like dimes too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyhoo....I believe I've made a good choice for me. Time will tell.

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 27

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooooo.....I *finally* did it, I finally upgraded. I went with an AT-MAX. I'm familiar with Garretts and figured the learning curve wouldn't be much. Already, I'm pretty impressed by this machine. Look at these tiny finds I got today! I know I can't see much of anything on them. But they're so small and....I hit them easily at 6-8 inches!!

Only the 2nd from the right shows a clue for identifying. But still! This toy is going to be very interesting getting to know!
View attachment 1988879

View attachment 1988878

View attachment 1988883 View attachment 1988885

View attachment 1988886

Thanks for peeking!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt and you doing the upgrade
Now get going and rework all the walks of the past to see what you missed.
Best of luck on the next walk.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your success with your new machine! One thing that happens when we get a new detector is we will dig almost every signal to help learn the detector. That's when some great finds come to the surface because they have been sitting next to some trash item that others have left!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find earring backs at depth quite often with my AT gold, I like Garrett also I just wish mine had a backlit screen.
That screen was part of my decision to go with this one.
Thanks!
Nice hunt and you doing the upgrade
Now get going and rework all the walks of the past to see what you missed.
Best of luck on the next walk.
Oh! I forgot to mention! This trip was intentionally to a place I had figured was slightly too deep for my "Pro". Been there many, many times! The very same paths!
Thanks!
Congrats on your success with your new machine! One thing that happens when we get a new detector is we will dig almost every signal to help learn the detector. That's when some great finds come to the surface because they have been sitting next to some trash item that others have left!
Yes, we always listen to a new machine and test what its telling us. I knew that and was intentionally testing its various ways of discriminating. What kinds, how deep, combination hits. Even full discrimination!

You see, my "finish line" is within sight nowadays and I'm counting on the newer technology to help me be selective about what I dig. Will I miss stuff? Absolutely! But I'd rather enjoy the walk/time then just become a ditch digger every time out. I've retired! I don't *want* to "work" for my fun! ๐Ÿ˜‰
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘congrats on your new machine whadi......maybe you'll hit the mother load!!
Thanks Bart!
But...at this point? I really don't want to find a "mother-lode". Is WIF CRAZY!?!?!? He doesn't want to get rich!?!?

In a word.....no, he doesn't. Why? Because he doesn't want what comes with....!!
๐ŸŽ“
๐Ÿ˜‡

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1988879

View attachment 1988878

View attachment 1988883 View attachment 1988885

View attachment 1988886

Thanks for peeking!
gratz on the upgrade, hope you wear that thing out! nice finds too

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright, Whadifind! Congrats on the Max. That's what I upgraded to. My learning curve is much greater though. But I will attest the ATMax does find deep targets and I have found big, not so deep targets that somehow I missed with my prior Delta 4000. I also agree with

[SIZE=4]Georgivs[/SIZE] about the Nel snake coil. I like using it because of the weeds I have.

Have fun hunting. All your walks are new again! :hello:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, Whadifind! Congrats on the Max. That's what I upgraded to. My learning curve is much greater though. But I will attest the ATMax does find deep targets and I have found big, not so deep targets that somehow I missed with my prior Delta 4000. I also agree with

[SIZE=4]Georgivs[/SIZE] about the Nel snake coil. I like using it because of the weeds I have.

Have fun hunting. All your walks are new again! :hello:
Thanks, milady!
And about deep? During my walk, I got a big trashy hit. Normally left undug, but I wanted to know. (You know how it is. :dontknow: )

I dug it out.....it was just a piece of some slab of metal, about 5 inches across. BUT.....it was TWO AND A HALF FEET DEEP!!!! ๐Ÿ˜Œ ::)
lol!
The droplets of water really completed the look and feel of your finds.

:)
I noticed that Bart. Sometimes wet works but sometimes dry or even talcum powdered works.
Thanks! Cap'n! :icon_salut:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX