Finally

L

lohi

I was finally able to get out for a while today. I have been wanting to go to the old ball field here in this little town we live in. The field is really run down still useable with a lot of hard work. Sat there for a while looking at the ground squirrels and gophers popping there little heads from there holes. Knowing I was not going to dig the holes they do I went for it ;D. Hunted for about 45 minutes. First photo ball field. Went to two other sites the second photo is from the tracks. The last photo I need help to ID the year of these shell coin game pieces. Found them at an old dump. Nothing much to post was just happy to get out. HH lohi

Attachments

• old ball field.jpg
    old ball field.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 427
  • Old dump finds.jpg
    Old dump finds.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 430
  • shell game peices.jpg
    shell game peices.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

When your finding nickels like that, then I doubt you'll miss any rings.
Cool finds!! The aluminum shell tokens I beleive are from the 70's. And were distributed to customers at shell gas stations as part of a promotional game.
Is the Round House tag to hold a motel room key, you think?
Glad to see you got out. WTG!! HH

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well, at least you got out. That's all that counts, the bonus is finding ANYTHING! ;D I know how to make that clad purdy again!! LOL.......read my post from today.

Happy Hunting!

Moon

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lohi,

Nice day to be out, nice finds too.

HH ;)
RR

OP
OP
L

lohi

We had a little break yesterday from the rain. But its back today looks like it set in for the day. Where are you located in CA. I am in Maricopa Near Bakersfield. HH if the rain ever stops ??? Lohi

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Red Bluff and work in Redding. Been waiting for a rain break. I'm planning some nugget hunting, metal detecting some old property and looking for arrowheads. A friend of mine found a nugget a while back that weighed just over a pound. It wasn't mostly quartz either, it was GOLD!!

OP
OP
L

lohi

Best of luck on your next trip. Let us all know how you do.HH how

Jerxs

Apr 10, 2004
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice diggin'. Nothing really old but at least it was a good day out for you!

gandalingo

Oct 15, 2010
Great finds. The open field between there and the highway was once the old High School so who knows what you will find if you keep going

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread