Find Minerals using temp

Doug6388

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2021
Vancouver BC Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago, I had a geologist friend who wrote his thesis on using Infrared (IR) thermometers mounted in a plane flying 1000 ft above flat earth and tracking various mineral temperatures. He was hired by a mining company in Australia that flew a grid and then sent geologists down to areas that had interesting temps. I don't know what they were looking for but he flew for months doing research.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not going to be easy. Best results are in dry sand.

I told this on another forum. It was just near dark and I went outside with the thermal camera. I was looking around and saw a rectangular hot spot. Figured it muxt be a piece of metal siding or something like it. I put my hand down and quickly realized it was wet-- very fresh dog urine. LOL If it looks like a cinnamon roll DO NOT TOUCH IT!

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this is the new way large companies are doing it. Places I prospect have all of a sudden had claims sprout up on thousands of acres, later they come out and core drill. The workers I spoke to have verified they fly over in planes to map out sections with minerals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread