Find of a lifetime!!

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a storage locker online based on photos. It was pretty empty and I knew it would be easy to unload (did it in about 30 minutes). I saw a PlayStation 5 box, an instrument case, and some car part boxes. Figured if any of the boxes were full, it would pay for the unit.

Won the locker for $100.

PlayStation 5 box was empty. Found four BMW struts that sell for $200/each on eBay but then….

THE FIND OF MY LIFE WAS IN THE INSTRUMENT BOX!

I opened it up and inside was a solid silver saxophone that sells for between $8,000-$10,000 on eBay and elsewhere on the internet!

I actually have a YouTube channel called Treasure Hound. The video of the locker find will be posted today at noon!

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it's silver, and not nickel plate?

Yes, it’s stamped “Solid Silver”, the brand is a high-end professional line, and it has the model number and serial number on it.

It is a Yanagisawa straight soprano saxophone in solid silver.

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a storage locker online based on photos. It was pretty empty and I knew it would be easy to unload (did it in about 30 minutes). I saw a PlayStation 5 box, an instrument case, and some car part boxes. Figured if any of the boxes were full, it would pay for the unit.

Won the locker for $100.

PlayStation 5 box was empty. Found four BMW struts that sell for $200/each on eBay but then….

THE FIND OF MY LIFE WAS IN THE INSTRUMENT BOX!

I opened it up and inside was a solid silver saxophone that sells for between $8,000-$10,000 on eBay and elsewhere on the internet!

I actually have a YouTube channel called Treasure Hound. The video of the locker find will be posted today at noon!
That is an amzing profit!!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought in a thrift store for $40.00 a solid 90% silver flute. I sold it to a local music interment dealer for $250. cash. I may of got more on ebay, but he said it was more of a professional musicians flute and his business mostly supported local students, which requires an easier to play instrument. The price I got was more than scrap at the time, so I felt the deal was good. Sounds like your made a heck of a score. I've never tried any of this storage locker buying, but have watched a few of the shows that are out there.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took this one really quick the day I got it. I wish I would have taken a better one and now the instrument shop has it.

Attachments

• CFA90590-EF4E-4015-9E31-DDC68B9278AA.jpeg
    CFA90590-EF4E-4015-9E31-DDC68B9278AA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 133

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I’d love to play that just once, to say I did. All the ones I played were baritone saxes and not silver.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 do you have an update as to the sales ?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beautiful piece of craftsmanship!!

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 do you have an update as to the sales ?
It’s still on consignment at a local shop. I think I’m going to have to get it back and bring it to a shop in L.A. so more musicians who can afford it will be mulling about.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
It’s still on consignment at a local shop. I think I’m going to have to get it back and bring it to a shop in L.A. so more musicians who can afford it will be mulling about.
What is it priced at?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread