Finds at the local swimming pool

hockeyplayer

Aug 24, 2003
Now that the ground is frozen and I'm spending more time inside, I decided to add up this fall's finds at the local swimming pool. This pool was built in the late 1970's and has a large grass area surrounding the concrete portion of the pool but inside the fence. All summer long people crowd the pool area and I have wondered what they were losing. This fall I met the person in charge of the pool operation and asked if I could MD, he gave me the code and said I could go there anytime I wanted. The first time in, I started in an area 8'X10', under a shaded area. I knew this was going to take some time when I found almost 40 coins in 2 hours of digging. Over the next few weekends, I visited the site 8 times and found a total of 343 coins, a braclet and a few cheap rings. My pinpointing skills are rapidly improving but I'm trying not to overwork an area and cause permanent damage. I have tried to focus on the higher value targets but am convinced that there is more jewelery to be found, so I'm still digging the poptops. I hope to get back this spring before the pool opens and add to the count. Merry Xmas all!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions